Thursday, January 27, 2011

Reading

Mallory loves to read.  No really, LOVES to read.  I can’t even begin to tell you how many books we read each day.  Or how many books I have memorized because we read them so many times.

My favorite is when Mallory reads them on her own.  When she reads them out loud.  I can’t get enough of it.  It turns me into mush.

Today I was vacuuming and when I headed with the vacuum to her room I found her on her floor with a book.  She was laying on her belly reading her book.  I stopped the vacuum and ran for the camera.  When I got back she was on her back with her feet on the wall.

IMG_9909

At first she was particular to her books.  She would only sit still and listen to her favorites.  Now she will sit and listen to any book!

IMG_9911

She ran off to get another one from the shelf.

IMG_9919

Came back and laid back down with her new book and read some more.

IMG_9921

You can about imagine what it is like to take her to the library.  She is hard on her library books though.  Our last trip to the library – we weren’t home for 5 minutes with her new books and she accidently tore one of the pages.  I’m an expert at taping pages back together to look like nothing happened.  : ) 

IMG_9923

I love that she likes to read so much.  It makes me so excited for chapter books and reading them together.  Beverly Cleary here we come!  : )

IMG_9924

When she is like this – playing independently – it makes me so proud.  Yet, I just want to go snuggle her and bother her.  : )

IMG_9925

While I was taking a break snapping pictures of Mallory in her room – I decided to tackle some much needed closet organization.  Check out these boots!!  Are they not adorable?  Um… well… Mally won’t wear them!  Plus, I can’t get them on her.  She has thick chubby feet and feet that will not go into boots.  I’ve tried many boots – ones that zip, ones that slip on… nothing fits!  No matter what size!

IMG_9927

While organizing and sorting out all the items I never used and will never use… I found our hospital bracelets and her nuk from the hospital!

IMG_9928

I thought maybe if I took a picture of them then I could throw them away.  Didn’t work.  I put them back in the drawer.  : )

3 comments:

arturlington said...

And soon, she can read to baby brother! Blessings!!!

The Smiths said...

Lauren was the same way with books - that is too funny!! One time we were driving home from my parents house and there was awful traffic from this ice storm. It took us 3 hours to get home. So, to keep her happy while we sat there, I recited all her favorite books to her! I had read them so many times, I had them memorized!! And it worked - she stayed happy until she fell asleep in her carseat...haha!

Nancy said...

I certainly hope you've introduced Mallory to the Fancy Nancy books. They're a must for every little girl!