The snow storm that I asked to hold off until 10pm last night so that I could get a mommy break… it held off and we made it home before it snowed. We did get one heck of a storm today! It has been snowing all day (and still is)!!
Mally and I were suppose to go to my Mom’s house to make cutout cookies with the cousins today. My alarm went off at 6:30 and I put my glasses on, looked out the window, saw that it was snowing and went back to bed. I wasn’t going anywhere! So since we were suppose to have a cookie day and I was kind of in the mood to make some cookies… except I don’t bake so I don’t have any baking supplies to make a cookie. However, I found marshmallows, rice krispies, and some butter!! We made rice krispie treats after her nap in honor of the snow and cookie baking. : )
When I got Mally up from her nap she was so cold. The wind was blowing from her side of the house and she had a chilly room… so I tossed a hat on her to warm her up. She left her hat on all afternoon.
Her job was to put the marshmallows in the pot and she, of course, had to sample some of them.
This morning when we got up Jesse went out and plowed snow. Then tonight he went back out and did it again! While he was out there I had a flash back of being a kid and my Dad going out to plow after a big storm and it was windy and blowing so he put his snowmobile helmet. Tonight Jesse grabbed his snowmobile helmet and went out and plowed. I tried to get a picture but my flash and the headlights from his plow just made a big mess of a picture.
I can’t get the front door open to the house. I went to the house garage and opened the door and took this picture.
Then I stuck my hand out the door and took this picture of the front of the house. That is a Maggie runway on the left. She is not liking all this snow at the moment because it is so fresh and fluffy and deep – she can’t move in it.
Here is the new garage all snowed in.
Jesse ventured out tonight to get us a frozen pizza from the gas station. He told me it was a good excuse to get the Jeep out and go for a spin. He came back and said there is tons of snow out there. They are plowing the streets and leaving the middle of the road with snow (until they can get another snow plow truck to come and blow it in the back of a truck and haul it away). Some of those paths are like six feet tall!!
Could be a snow filled winter this year! : )
3 comments:
Oh, this is what it is like where we are moving...I'm so scared! Maybe Jesse can give Ryan tips on the snow-blowing/plowing thing and what to buy for clearing our driveway!!
May I borrow Mally? That first pic of her with her hat cooking at the stove, seriously Mally?! Stop getting so big first of all secondly she's so stinkin cute.
Wowsers that's a lot of snow, the pic of your back door with the snow piling up yikes:) wish I was there to go snow shoeing and to get a ride on the snowmobile:)
I love the hat! I want a hat just like it! Stay warm, we are sending warm weather your way. seriously, it was near 60 here yesterday
Post a Comment