We had our ultrasound late Wednesday afternoon and we were told that we are going to have a little baby BOY! It is a definite boy – she showed us (multiple) times little boy parts. : )
It was kind of a busy ultrasound… I think I can say busy… not sure how else to say it. Mallory wanted me. Mallory didn’t want to sit and eat her snacks or drink her juice. Mallory wanted her mommy. Mallory didn’t like that someone else was touching her mommy. : ) Poor Jesse had his hands full with her. (She is working on another tooth which makes her very much a mommy only girl and we had to wake her up from her nap to go this appointment… which any parent knows is a dooms day waiting to happen when you have to wake a child from a nap.) While Jesse is trying everything to please Mallory and I’m having to ignore them because if I talk or try to help it just makes her want me more… the ultrasound tech is telling me what is what and she keeps saying “here is his… this is his…” I was just about to say “you are saying a lot of ‘his’” and then she said… oh you are having a boy. : ) We told her we wanted to know – so she knew – but it was just kind of funny how she told us in the mist of chaos.
This ultra sound tech was a little rougher then any of the others I have had in the past. She was trying to show us that he was definitely a boy except he kept putting his feet/legs in the way. So she would jab at my belly until he moved.
Then she wanted to get a picture of the front of his face because she said he was the perfect type for a 4D picture. I’m not sure what makes a baby a perfect type – but apparently she thought he would be. However, he had his hand over his face and we couldn’t get a good shot. She jabbed at my belly some more trying to get him to move – he wouldn’t. But the shot she did get in 4D was kind of fun to see.
After my ultrasound appointment I had my appointment with my midwife. She changed my due date, yet again, back to April 29th. When we told her that the ultrasound tech could clearly get the sex of the baby and how much movement I have been feeling and for how long I have been feeling the movement… she decided that we needed to go back to the April 29th and it was going to be that date from now on. : )
I was also told that I am behind on my weight gain. I should have gained 10 pounds by now and she says I am minus two (because I lost so much with morning sickness)… so I need to gain 12+ pounds ASAP. However, I just busted out the maternity clothes today because my normal clothes were starting to feel really uncomfortable. Let me tell you – I wasn’t wearing maternity clothes at this stage with Mallory… so I think my weight gain is just fine. However, I will indulge in a few more snacks thanks for giving me the okay to eat. : )
I am also in *love* with my maternity jeans right now. I wore my first pair (this pregnancy) today and oh my! So much more comfortable. With this pregnancy I feel like my belly is really low and I feel like baby is really heavy already and I’m having lots of low pressure (and kicks) on my belly… so to get rid of low rise jeans was fantastic! It is crazy to feel like baby is heavy already and he is only like the size of a banana… to me it feels like a pumpkin! LOL.
4 comments:
The title to this post was real cute. I loved your description on your appt. I could totally picture the whole thing:)poor Miss Mally, those darn teeth are such a pain in the butt. Congrats on having a boy I just can't wait to see him and find out what his name is and see his bedding and how you decorate his room!!! Wich I was there to help you and feed you lots of snacks:) eat up my friend!
Katie I know you've seen the baby bedroom and the infant seat and the blankets...... her title is so correct but I'm afraid it's going to be more than a little move over.... it may take another gallon of paint and many boyish items to welcome blue into this pink house :)
Can't wait for another grandson.
That is totally how I felt with Nolan...maybe it's that way with your 2nd child or maybe it's a boy thing, but I had that awful "heavy pressure" feeling you're describing and unfortunately, it only gets worse the bigger they get! I'll pray for you! Oh, and I'm so excited you're having a boy - they are so different, but so much fun!! :)
Yay for a boy!!! How fun!
Post a Comment