Saturday, November 20, 2010

Belly Status – Week 16/17

It is kind of amazing to me how I have lost track of this pregnancy already.  Someone asked me last night how far along I was and I didn’t know.  I know I am in my 2nd trimester… but what week?  I have to really stop and think what did my last email from babycenter.com say.  If it wasn’t for them I would have no idea what week I was on.  Guess this is what happens when you have an active toddler to take care of.

I’m some where in week 16 or close to week 17.  I believe baby is the size of an avocado right now.

Mally is attempting to show her belly too.

IMG_9674_crop

Ups:

~ I’m starting to feel better!!!  There are still moments of nausea, but I can usually power thru it much easier then early weeks.

~ I’m cooking again!  It feels so good to be back in the kitchen (most nights) and putting hot food on the table.

~ I’m feeling little movements!  I’m sure it is a bit early to feel anything – but I swear those are little baby flutters I’m feeling.  I usually feel them at night after we tuck Mally in bed and I come and crash on the couch and wait for my own bedtime.

~ The neighborhood we live in is awesome!  Basically all of our neighbors – even “neighbors” up the street/hill have told me that they would take care of Mally if I go into labor all of sudden and need to drop everything and run.  : )  I actually had to take Mallory to neighbor Judy’s the other night because I needed to leave and Jesse was outside working and was just about done and wanted to finish his task.  I called Neighbor Judy and she already had 4 of her grandkids, but she wanted Mallory too!  : ) 

IMG_9677_cropDowns:

~ Exhausted!  I am still really exhausted and very tired.  I crave naps, but don’t get to take them – especially this time of year with year-end coming and 2011 catalogs coming due.  By 3pm it takes everything in me to keep my eyes open.  Even today I did a big grocery shopping trip and as I was sitting at a stop light I thought… I could just close my eyes and take a quick power nap and the person behind me will honk when I need to move.  ; )  I didn’t.  I wanted to.  But I didn’t.

~ Leg cramps.  Those blasted middle of the night leg cramps are back.

~ I’m starting to get too big for my normal clothes, but not big enough for the maternity clothes.  Which is always an awkward and fun stage to be in.  ; )  I started doing the ponytail holder trick to give me a little bit of wiggle room with my jeans.  As for my shirts, pppfsshh – there is no hope.  I bought bigger shirts a couple of months ago thinking they would be great to grow into… not so much!  They are now tight and well I don’t look 100% pregnant yet so I look like I’m trying to squeeze into small cloths.  I think I will be doing some after Thanksgiving shopping for mommy this year!  : )

I like this picture – however it is blurry.  I was doing self timers and I guess it didn’t know where to focus and everything turned out blurry.

IMG_9680_crop

3 comments:

Katie said...

Cute cute cute, thanks for the update. Mally looks very proud of her belly:)woohoo for starting to feel "normal" again that must be nice and perfect timing with the holiday's here and all that delicious food to gobble down(no pun intended) both mally and frey#2 will hopefully love thanksgiving this year.
Hey do we have a nickname for #2?

arturlington said...

You look wonderful! I am so glad that things are going good for you. I pray that you find more energy soon!

Tina said...

I've fallen asleep at a stop light before. You're right, people will honk when the light changes green!