It is just the beginning of winter and I’m already starting to feel a bit stir crazy because we can no longer go outside. Once our garage is finished it will be heated and we can go out there and she can ride her toys around, which she will love and so will I.
In the meantime I have been trying to think up things to keep us entertained. I remember being kids and loving it when my mom would make us homemade play dough. I’m not sure how she did it because she would make it on the stove top… my recipe I just mixed flour, water, oil, salt, food coloring together and wa-la play dough!
Mally thinks she can eat it! I repeatedly tell her it is yucky and you can’t eat it… however she still insists on trying it. She will get a chunk of it and eat it and then shiver as she swallows it because it is so salty and then ask for her cup. And then take another bite! LOL.
We also have to get creative with her hair! My goodness this girl has a mess of super fine unruly hair. The hair on top of her head only grows in the middle (think mohawk) and then in the back of her head. Well the hair on the top falls into her eyes and I’m not ready to give her bangs – I don’t think I want her to have bangs… too much maintenance having to keep them trimmed and out of their eyes. (Maybe it is because I have bangs right now and I have been cursing them and want them to grow out.) The hair in the back gives her a look of mullet-esk. LOL. So one day I had enough and put a pony on top of her head and one in the back.
Jesse came home on lunch and sees it and started laughing at her hair. He asks me “Lynn, would you wear your hair like that?” Oh Gosh No! However, if I had hair like her’s - then I might have to!
We colored a picture for the coloring contest at the local grocery store. However, we never submitted it – but she had a blast coloring it one afternoon!
Books. Books. Books. She loves Books. Books of any size, shape, color. It doesn’t even have to be a book – it can be one of my magazines. She’ll grab my magazine, sit on the floor, and turn the pages and just look and look. She also likes little manual. We got a manual with our new TV remote and she spotted it and sat on the floor with that owners manual and jabbered away “reading” it.
We also run around with daddy’s glasses!
This weekend I bought water colors and paint brushes and paper. Hopefully it will keep us entertained for a couple weeks until I think of something else fun to do! : )
1 comment:
HAHAHAHAAAAA I'm so with Jesse on this one:) I had a real good laugh at that picture of her hair, when she gets older she's gonna wonder about you looking at all these pictures with mismatched clothes and crazy ponytails:) haahahaaaaaaahhhaha you know I love it though! Smooch that kid for me:)
Post a Comment