My Mally-Girl turned 15 months yesterday and with that she turned the terrible twos. : ) Okay, she is not terrible… and she is not two… but she is feisty and testing boundaries.
Oh and did I tell you she has started walking. We were suppose to go camping and jeeping this weekend… it’s a long story and the weekend was a flop for Mallory and I so we booked it home… oh about 2am and got in our own beds at 3:30am after my low tire pressure light was on, seeing lots of deer, seeing strange people walking down the freeway, swerving at a LIVE skunk… and safely getting home and putting a very excited baby to bed in her own bed! At 2am when I told Mally we were going bye-bye to her own bed. She started getting silly and pointing and babbling. It was if she knew what I was telling her. The rest of the weekend was just Mallory and I and it was low-key… and she started walking everywhere. Walking down the hallway to her room. Walking around the kitchen/living room circle. Walking walking walking. She still walks with her hands up in the air for balance, I guess. But she pretty much walks 80% of the time now.
Back to my feisty 15 month old…
Whenever I am in the kitchen (making lunch/supper; doing dishes; getting a snack) she bee-lines it to the garbage and starts hitting the lid. She was there yesterday and my patience wasn’t the greatest with her… so I slapped her little hand and tell her no. Doesn’t get it. I slap a little harder… she makes a sad face looks at her hand and looks at me. I stand her up tell her to go play with toys and off she waddles. Few moments later she is back at it. So I put her in her time out spot. Now she thinks time outs are so fun! How do I make time out not fun? I put her on the floor up against the couch and I tell her she was naughty and she needs to sit here. So she sits there (with a grin on her face) and she leans back and relaxes up against the couch. Then she attempts to crawl away and I say, “No.” and she pushes herself backwards until she gets up against the couch and leans back with a smile. Over and over and over. And each time she gets goofier and goofier. She is a clown! So finally she has sat there a minute… I go and get her and tell her we don’t play in the garbage that is naughty… and I am down eye level with her and she starts doing this… “eyes. eyes.” and point at my eyes. She is not even paying attention!!
Ugh.
I’m telling Jesse about this over supper last night. The whole time I am telling him he is smiling. Which makes me laugh. Then we look over at Mallory and she gives us the most cheesiest grin ever! Then Jesse says… I was like that when I was a kid. I was a goofball kid. Nice! Now we really know she looks like mommy but is all daddy!! And I tell Jesse… she even has that little grin you do, but hers is a little more cheesier. He says, she’ll get it perfected – give her some time.
My frazzled days are just beginning with this one, I think. When does kindergarten start? I kid I kid!!!!!! She’s never going to kindergarten!
2 comments:
The key is to be consistent...as hard as that is! It works if you stick to it!! Hang in there...
That was not you at all, I don't remember going through terrible anything with you. This was more typical Shannon, your dad would spank her butt and she would grin, time outs didn't matter to her and you always tried to save her.
Post a Comment