Friday, July 16, 2010

Order Up!

 IMG_9097Thursday morning was a perfect morning for me.  Got up early, before Mally, and decided we were going for a morning walk.  Mally got to eat her breakfast on the go.  Which really… if someone wanted to push me around in a stroller with my blanket while I ate a waffle and got to look around at the neighborhood – I would be all over that!!

We stopped off to get an ice coffee – my main motivation for a morning walk!  Went to the grocery store to get some quick items and then headed home.  On the way home I spotted a garage sale sign.  From the distance I spotted something big and plastic that looked like kid stuff.  I didn’t have any cash, but I decided to stop anyway. 

A KITCHEN!!  I’ve been wanting to get Mallory a kitchen!  And it came with all the kitchen accessories for $15!!!  Could not pass it up!  I learned from my garage saling friend, Molly, you take the price tag off immediately so that no one else can sneak in and get it.  : )

We had the garage sale lady put a SOLD sign on it and we quickly walked home to get the truck and the checkbook!

I scrubbed it all up and now Mally has a cute little kitchen in her room!

IMG_9105

I didn’t realize that she would almost be too short for it.

Mally will be able to cook in three languages.  The kitchen talks to her.  It tells her what she is cooking.  It tells her that “her sons are coming”, “Don’t forget to save the leftovers”, “You are such a good cook”, and the phrases go on.

IMG_9102

She held up one of the pretend cans of peas and look at me and says clear as day “peas”.  I was shocked!  How does she know that?  She loves peas and eats them all the time, but I get them from the freezer not a can.  She did it again today… so I don’t think it was just a coincidence.

IMG_9109Mallory has actually be doing lots of talking and I’ve been wanting to document her words:

Cup, Cheese, Peas, Pup (Puppy), Cat, Mama, Dada, Be (Blanket), Pret (Pretty – aka flowers… I guess I said one time that flowers were pretties and now when she sees a flower she points and says Pret), I think she said book tonight too.  She has been attempting some tougher words such as cracker and kitchen.  It is the cutiest thing ever!!

IMG_9115I did feel like a smart mom though with this purchase – I only gave her the food that was original to the kitchen.  The rest of the pretend food (pringles, oreos, hamburgers) are hidden until she gets older.  I know!  I’m learning how this works!  : )  

IMG_9116

1 comment:

The Smiths said...

That is too cute - and I love that you got it so cheap!! Lauren got a kitchen on her 2nd birthday and played with it to death...until the doors were falling off and the electronic pieces no longer worked. :) How fun!!!