Wednesday, December 09, 2009

What a night.

I have a feeling it is going to be one of those days.  First, I’m still in my PJs.  Second, I changed Mally from one set of PJs into another.  Jesse is still in bed sleeping.  Maggie won’t go outside to go the bathroom.

Last night Jesse got a call from work asking him to come in for 3rd shift.  He has been giving suicide trainings and they needed to be done for 3rd shift.  He left at 10pm.  Guess who woke up at 10:15!  Poor little Mally’s nose was so stuffy she couldn’t hardly breathe.  Then she wanted her pacifier and you can’t suck on a pacifier with a stuffy nose!

I shoved my parenting books under her mattress to elevate her head.  (They are the thickest books I have.)  Suctioned her nose.  Nursed her.  Snuggled and rocked her back to sleep.  Put her back to bed. 

At 1 she woke up again with the same thing.  Couldn’t breathe.  We did the same routine except this time I went and got her car seat and put her back to sleep in her car seat (more elevation).

3:30… she’s awake!  But that time it was only for about 2 minutes.

4:30… Jesse comes home.  He says… Man there is a lot of snow out there.

6:30… my stupid alarm goes off.  Jesse turns it off.

7:00… Mallory wakes up.

We seriously have tons and tons of snow!  I can’t even get Maggie to go outside and go to the bathroom.  She sticks one paw in the snow and turns around comes back in.  I opened the garage door and the drift in front of the door is up to my waist!

I don’t know if Mally has a cold or if she is getting teeth which is causing the extreme runny nose.  Hmm… guess time will tell…

A little hot chocolate cures the sleepy mom!  Cheers!

2 comments:

Katie said...

Oh Lynnie I'm sorry:( Poor Poor Mally! Next time your giving her some snuggles and smooches give her some for me. Auntie Kate would love to hold her right now.
Praise the Lord for hot cocoa! You drink as many mugs as you want, I won't tell:)

Miss you guys!

Tabby said...

Awww...poor Mally! I feel so bad for babies when they have colds and a stuffy nose. All you can do is snuggle and suction her nose out. Bella just got over a cold too. Whether it's teething or a cold, hopefully it'll go away soon!