Back on the 7th Mallory turned 6 months old!! I had my Mom take some pictures of her so I could get some actually printed before Christmas. Well, guess who was scrambling last night to get her pictures ordered. Seriously! Which one of my parents passed procrastination down… hmm… I’m not saying who! Thank goodness for one hour photo at Walmart [online]! I can pick my pictures up on Saturday, when I finish the rest of my Christmas shopping. *blush*
Miss Mallory – Jesse and I took Mallory to the Dr. on Monday because she just wasn’t getting better. Every morning I would get her up and she looked and sounded worse then the day before. I broke down and called the Dr. (I’m a last minute Dr. caller) and they advised me to bring her in. When her Dr. walked into the room she sees Mally down to her diaper sitting on the table playing with her pacifier. The first words out of her mouth were, “Hello Miss Mallory!” She has only seen Mallory a few times so far and to hear her call her ‘Miss Mallory’ was too funny. That has kind of been her nickname and it has stuck. Every one calls her Miss Mallory, even her Dr! : ) (By the way, it was just viral and nothing they could do but let it take its course. She is getting better – still coughing, but she is actually eating again today!!)
She now weighs 17 pounds! She is quickly growing out of her infant carrier car seat. That car seat is a beast to carry around now. When others volunteer to carry her for me they lift it and say… how are you carrying this? Muscle woman! ; )
Talking. She jabbers and coos and yells all the time now. The other night Jesse’s parents were over and she was sitting on the couch with them and I was across the living room in a chair. She spots me and just starts talking/yelling and has her eyes on me the whole time. It was pretty funny and cute.
Sitting. She can pretty much sit by herself now. Which she loves. She hates to lay down. If you lay her down she picks her head up and will not let it touch the ground. (Crunch formation) She is going to have the best baby abs ever!
Show Stopper. Every where we go people stop us to see our baby. We went to Best Buy last weekend and I can’t tell you how many people stopped us. As we were standing in the customer service line one of the workers came over by me and said, I heard there was a cute baby over here. Then Mally was flirting with our customer service guy. ; ) He looked at her and said, “Hey cutie” and she just looked back at him and sucked on her pacifier with her little eyes sticking out from under her beanie hat.
Eating. She is eating everything pureed & mashed right now. I can’t tell if she has a favorite yet, but there are some things she will gag when she eats… peas! Which I don’t blame her, cooked peas are gross. Jesse likes to give her all the naughty things. He has let her suck on a salty chip! He shares his popsicles with her! He lets her have little tastes of his Rocky Road ice cream! Then Tuesday night I come home and she was drinking a bottle. I thought it was milk… nope it was ORANGE JUICE! He says, “I thought she was thirsty, I was thirsty and orange juice sounded good to me, so I thought Mally would want some too. She loved it!”
Independent. We have decided that Mallory is done with nursing now. I know, it seems like I was just telling you how she wouldn’t take a bottle. Now, that seems to be all she wants. Nursing has been a struggle the last couple of weeks. She cries. She chokes. She gets frustrated. I get frustrated. She cries more. I’ve been watching her take a bottle and she is all smiles and happy and never cries, never chokes. So we’ve decided that lovely Mr. Pump is going to be my new best friend for the next 6 months. I’m really not looking forward to that. She’s a big girl and she will do it herself! : (
Attitude. This girl is going to give me a run for my money. Which we giggle at right now and we think we like. But the way she looks at me as she is reaching for something she can’t have and I’m telling her no… she has the sparkle in her eye of, oh yeah watch me mommy!
4 comments:
Mallory is so sweet. She is going to be a little charmer. I know the look that you are talking about. Keltie has perfected that look. Mr. Pump was my friend for a long time too. Get a good book and enjoy the time to just sit.
Oh Lynn...I'm so sympathizing with you over giving up nursing!! I had to pump and switch Nolan to a bottle at that same age - it was rough, but totally worth it. I had a stack of books and magazines to look at (or I would sit in front of the tv). You will get used to it, but it is not easy or convenient (like doing it in the airport bathroom or in your car). :) Hang in there - it's the best thing for her!!
Every time I read your blog and see you've posted more pics of the lovely Miss Mallory I am amazed at how beautiful she is! Its no wonder people stop you all the time. I just can't wait to see her in person:)oh and I love her coat, that is just too cute.
Mallory is a doll! She is so cute. I can't get over her chubby cheeks and those beautiful eyes :) Like Katie, I can't wait to see her in person!!!! I applaud you for nursing as long as you have and wish you the best as you get to know Mr. Pump better. When I was done nursing Allie at about 8 months we went to formula because Mr. Pump just wasn't working for me.
Post a Comment