Friday, December 11, 2009

Running behind

Seriously Christmas is going to be here in TWO weeks!  Ahahhh!  I was telling my sister and my mom yesterday that I need an Elf.  I have way too many things and not enough time.

Yesterday I had this brilliant idea to make a last minute Christmas gift for the Frey side.  Except I needed some Christmas-y pictures.  My Mom took some last weekend – I called her – NOT HOME!  So I went to her blog and tried to steal them (sorry Mom) and it wouldn’t let me!!

So I had to take my sick baby, put her in her Christmas jammies, and put her in front of a wreath.  Yes, we don’t have a Christmas tree yet!!  As kids we would start to panic when we didn’t have our tree until the week before Christmas… now I know why that happened.  There just are not enough hours in the day!  : )

I am no photographer!  Good thing I am taking classes!  Plop her in front of the kitchen table.  That makes an excellent background, no?!

IMG_6978Move in close so you can’t see that lovely table!  Watery runny cold eye… Oh you poor baby! 

IMG_6982

How about a hand – they can’t see that your sick this way!  heheheh!  We’ll trick them!  Except your hand is so washed out from my flash!  And I used my new trick from my photography class!!  Grrr.  Maybe the next class will be about flashes.

IMG_6991 One last smile for mommy… pleeeease?

IMG_6985 Can’t you just pick me up and snuggle me with my blanket.

I have to tell you what I learned at my last class.  How to take your pictures from this…

IMG_6958

To this…

IMG_6962Isn’t that amazing!!  I was real excited about it!

Okay, now I must get back to my Christmas hustle and bustle.  I’m going to cheat tomorrow… going to a bake sale to get Christmas cookies instead of making them!  Hey, a girl has to do what a girl has to do!  ; )  If you want to come with… let me know!  : )

2 comments:

Connie said...

You are such a good student :) Yes we are going to learn about flash and how to not wash out the subject when having to use it. I will snuggle Mally while you browse the cookies tomorrow. I don't have a tree yet either and I don't have one Christmas decoration up yet.... the totes are in the dining room for a week now but I haven't touched them.... Happy holidays!!!

Natalie said...

Mallory is SO stinkin' cute! She's getting cuter and cuter and I can not even believe she is already 6 months old! WOW!!!! Just had to comment on her cuteness :)