Monday, September 28, 2009

Fall is Here!

We went out to the woods to see my family and watch the Packer game.  My little brother just got a ‘new’ truck a few weeks ago and was itching to take us for a ride around the woods.  So Jesse and I hopped in and he took us around.  I haven’t been around the woods in a long time.

IMG_6611

The trail around the woods is a big loop with little trails shooting off the main one.  (My cousin Jody and I named all the trails too.  At the time everyone had a trail – except now the family is way too big and we ran out of trails.  We were even bigger geeks and drew a map of the trails and their names!)  This trail here is called Hemmer Highway… and I do believe all these woodchips are covering up Martha’s Mudhole.  The center of the woods is called Fran’s Forest.  One year when we were little, we thought we would be really cool and cut across Fran’s Forest and get to the other side of Hemmer Highway.  It was winter and there was snow.  And we are directionally challenged… and we didn’t walk in a straight line.  I bet now I could do it with all my Man vs. Wild shows under my belt!

IMG_6614

In this picture Adam is yelling at me to stop taking pictures!  Then he goes… want to see my school snacks.  He opens up his center counsel and it is filled with junk food!!  I started laughing and then proceeded to be the big sister and give him a lecture about eating real food and no wonder why you already gained your ‘freshman 15’ in three weeks!!  He loves his older sisters!!

IMG_6613IMG_6616IMG_6621

Mallory hung out in the shack with Grandma while we went around the woods.

IMG_6624

Cousin Ava was out there too!  Here are Ms. Mallory and Ava!!  They are roughly two months apart.

IMG_6629

Ava wants to know who the heck is sitting next to her.

IMG_6631

Pretty sure Ava is not impressed with Mallory’s bow on her head.  Or maybe she wants Cousin Mallory to get her one for Christmas so they can match!  : )

IMG_6634

Here are the girls watching the game with the guys! 

IMG_6635When your Mom is a photographer… of course I steal her away from the game to take a couple pictures of us.

IMG_6645 IMG_6654 IMG_6655IMG_6659

9 comments:

Katie said...

I imagined myself in the truck with you guys, you know I would have loved that fall trail ride:)
On a side note I think Ava was wondering why Mallory was so dressed up for a football game at the shack:)
And lastly, that last picture has potential to be the Christmas card pic...just a thought:)

The Rau's said...

Lynn I love your hat. I just discovered that I like hats and I bought a really cool one at Warrens.
Couldn't make it to the shack yesterday...was too busy taking senior pictures. Next time.

Laura Fenske said...

That's a Hellavu bow you have Mallory sporting. Cracks me up! She is adorable, I love the last two family pictures especially.

Photos by Julee said...

Looks like fun. Those two little girls sure are adorable. I love the big bow.

Anonymous said...

katie,

I'm with you. I think both mom and daughter were just a little over dressed for da packer game at da hunting shack.

-Jesse

Jody said...

Love the family picture. I think Mallory is starting to look more and more like you. Thanks for bringing back the memories. We were so proud of naming all the trails out at the woods. I think that we would have a hard time doing it now with all of the additions. I remember that walk through the woods. It's sad to say, but I would probably still get lost, even though I'm older and wiser now:).

Katie said...

Lynn, I LOVE your new blog banner/look/thingy. Ya know whatever you call that. How do you do that? I must know so I too can do fun stuff like that.

Jesse, thanks man!

Steph said...

You're looking so stylish in your new hat! Love it! Mally is cute as ever with her new bow too!! Love it. And, love the family pics and your new header!

Lynn said...

Thanks for all the sweet little comments you guys!! I'm loving my new header too. I whipped it up last night while Mally-Girl took a little nap.

Katie I search the internet for free digital scrapbooking stuff (before I had Mally) and download it to my computer. I have so much stuff (literally 1,000s)and then I have Photoshop - so I just open up some of the graphics I want to use and the pictures and just start creating. I must of had some stored up creative juices because it didn't take me very long - it took me longer to upload it to the blog, i think. ; ) I think there are blogs out there that actually give away blog headers like this (for free) and you just insert your pictures. I bet you could search for that too! (Free blog headers.)

Laura - I giggled out loud at your comment. Little girls- you just have to dress them up! : ) Especially when we are at home all the time I get a little stir crazy and go nuts when we are going to be out in public.