The coolest thing happened to me on Friday. It was 5pm and I was just wrapping things up at work. My doorbell rings. I go to the door and see two of my friends outside giggling!!!!
Now these two girls live 10 hours away!!! And they are on my front doorstep!!! And I had no idea they were coming!!
When I see them I start screaming and I can’t get the door open fast enough! I was in so much shock and screaming and shaking they were afraid I was going to go into labor!! Katie was really hoping I would so she could see me pregnant and then get to snuggle a little baby before she went home.
I was having a baby shower on Sunday and they decided to surprise me and come to the shower! They coordinated everything with Jesse and he never slipped. Although looking back on it – he was acting very strange…
On Friday afternoon (his day off) he vacuumed. He does this often, so I thought nothing of it – and vacuumed everything!! And when he was done I told him that I love it when he vacuums because he moves furniture and does a real job… and I said in a totally joking manner, how come you never volunteer to clean the bathroom. And he went off to clean the bathroom!!
When I went upstairs and smelled fresh cleaned rooms I said to him “Jesse you can go to your brother’s house and smoke as many cigarettes as you want. Heck you don’t even have to come home tonight!” He just laughed and headed out to his brother’s!!
Now I know why he was cleaning… my girls were coming and everyone loves to have a freshly cleaned bathroom when visitors are coming!! : )
Jesse also kept asking me what I was going to do Friday night while he was at his brothers. He is never this concerned about what I do. I kept telling him – eat ice cream, catch up on Private Practice, put the baby clothes in the new dresser, not a whole lot of anything. He seriously asked me like three times that day. Now I know why – he was afraid I might leave and I wouldn’t be here when the girls arrived.
I had the best time with these girls – we can not see each other for 6 months and pick up right where we left off!! I miss them like crazy already and I just saw them!!
4 comments:
I'm going to read this post and re-read this post for quite a while. That was one of THE best weekends ever! I miss you and Nat soooooo much. I'm so glad it all worked out and that we were able to surprise you...you were worth every mile of that drive and I'd do it all over again.
On a side note I can't lie and say that I'm not a little disapointed about you not going into labor, I really wanted to snuggle blueberry! Now that would have made for a great story! Hahahahaha Love ya!
This just made me so happy to see the three of you together. I must admit, I cried a little. I'm glad you had such a lovely time!
What a WONDERFUL suprise! I'm so glad you guys were able to get together. It makes me happy, too... and a little sad that I don't have anyone even "just" 10 hours away... but mostly really happy that y'all got a chance to see each other, catch up and celebrate Blueberry!
What a fun weekend!!! I miss you girls already! That whole trip was just awesome :) I've never been a part of such a great surprise! It couldn't have been for a more deserving person!
Post a Comment