Monday, May 25, 2009

Garden is Planted

Remember when I was so excited about my little garden I was going to grow this summer?  Remember how I started seeds? 

Well those seeds that I started did not do so well.  They all pretty much died!  I watered them!  I loved them!  I put them in the sun!  My green thumb just is not as green as I thought it was.  More yellowish-brown!! 

We still wanted a garden and had the plot for it.  So we decided to hit the local nursery and buy their stuff instead of use our dead stuff.  I think we will do this every year – so much easier!!  Their stuff is big and healthy and ready for planting!  We loaded our cart up with fun veggies and came home to plant the garden!

IMG_6093I have my herb section in the front:  cilantro, basil and parsley.  We have bell peppers, jalapenos, broccoli, cauliflower, onions, cucumbers, tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, watermelons, and honey dews.

IMG_6094 These peppers look so much better then the ones I started from seeds.  Mine were brownish and a quarter of the size.

IMG_6095

Jesse wanted to try his hand at honeydews and watermelons.

IMG_6096

What’s a garden without tomatoes!!?  I can’t wait!  I can mix them up with my fresh basil!  Oh yum!

 

Here is an update on my lilac bush…

IMG_6097

Yup!  Just a couple of sticks now!  She finished it off the other day!

I hear you asking… how is Maggie doing with the garden we just planted?  So far – so good!!  She really can listen when she wants – that want is just not always there for her. 

Oh… how about a quick baby update:  I went to the Dr. on Friday and I was told that she has dropped into the birth canal!!  I better go pack our bags – sounds like this could happen any day now!! 

2 comments:

Bethany said...

Congrats on getting the garden planted! And congrats on baby's position! We're waiting in great anticipation...!

The Rau's said...

Now you are all done nesting and you can go and have that baby!

Let me know how the honeydew and watermelon's do...I always want to plant them and Mike tells me they won't grow here. Well then why do they sell the seeds here Mike?!