When I was younger I did tons of babysitting and one summer I had a whole slew of kids who’s real babysitter took a week of vacation so all the kids came to me and my sister. One of the little girls that we watched was super cute! I can’t remember her exact age, but she was just starting to talk and she was just starting to potty train. Anyway she said one time “Me no like butts” and she would wrinkle up her nose and shake her head. I laughed so hard… she really didn’t like bugs, but it totally sounded like butts.
This week I have found myself using her saying over and over!
Me no like bugs!!!
One day this week I went to grab a file folder to work on some much needed paperwork. I put the file on my desk opened it up and HUGE – MEGA HUGE – HAIRY – BLACK SPIDER was staring back at me. I screamed… seriously! I am home alone besides the dog. Dog comes over to see what I am freaking out about. I start yelling and point at the spider – Maggie get the spider! Maggie get the spider!! And she just sits and looks at me and tips her head sideways and won’t even look in the direction I am pointing. Then I give a whole body shake/shudder and let out a little scream and then Maggie thinks I want to play and gets down low in her play stance.
I pick up my work phone and page my girl at work to give me some encouragement. She just laughs at me. I finally work up the strength to close the folder – pick it up – and put it back where I found it… with spider still inside. I am just going to leave it in there until Jesse comes home!! I told my girl at work that I just wanted to go home and take a shower and she so kindly reminded me that I am home… but I want to go upstairs away from this spider!!
I email Jesse and tell him that I just saw a tarantula and that he needs to come home quick and kill it. Not 10 minutes later my phone is ringing and its Jesse wanting to know how big the spider really is! So I confessed that is wasn’t a tarantula… but it was probably his cousin!!! But I could wait until he got down with work in a couple of hours.
So while I am working the rest of the afternoon I swear I can hear that spider in that folder shuffling papers around he was so big!!
Jesse comes home and he goes for the spider and I have to flee I can’t even watch him touch the folder. And I hear him say… Ew, that is a gross one. Just get rid of it don’t inspect it!!!
Then… I go upstairs to start making supper and I see something on our garbage can. Is that a wood tick? Yup!
Then… I wake up to Jesse this morning telling me he found a wood tick on his head!!! Were you not just sleeping in my bed next to me with a wood tick!!!!??? ::shudder:: I want to move! We have found so many wood ticks already this year that I have seriously lost count.
I’m ready to go back to Oregon where there are no bugs!!
5 comments:
Oh no you don't!!! Not with blueberry this close. I'm sure your very brave neighbors would come over and kill that little bitty spider for you, don't go to the extreme of moving. Oregon had no sun for 8 months remember, that's why bugs can't live there???
This reminded me of Elly when I picked her up from daycare when she was about 2 and she cried when I had to take her back "ME NO LIKE PEACHES" and Kelly asked her to try peaches for lunch the day before.
I found lots of bugs in OR! I have pictures to prove it! At any rate, I hope you have a future of few bugs and good last few weeks of pregnancy.
i have to agree with you Lynn- i know not like bugs either or mice!!
K is gone on the road this week, I find a dead mouse under the cupboard- call my brother in law to come get it- he is not home, so here I am ..just had surgery 3 days prior not suppose to be dong any bending but that mouse is not staying in my house so I am trying to get this gross thing on a dust pan and out of the house..
Grossss,,dust pan and all went right out side.
glad K is home today. so I feel your pain
L
You know, I always get a lot of shit for it, but I seriously explain to all: there is a hole in the ozone above my house due to all of the bug killer. Upon moving to Wyoming, I paid a guy to "kill everything in my house except my child." Turns our three months later he landed himslef in jail due to homicide charges. Regardless, a new bug guy and two years later- I am sure a hole exists! I feel your pain and support you every step. If it has more than four legs- it ought to be killed!
I have nothing left to say after Amanda, she pretty much summed it up. So ditto on what she said:)
Post a Comment