Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Baby Room Makeover

Lots of changes have been made in our little household the past few days.  Our goal was to have our office out of the baby’s room before Monday.

Except Saturday we had birthing class… from 8:30 – 4:30!!!  The whole time we are sitting in the class I kept thinking of what color I wanted to paint in the new office.  Will I have time to paint the new office.  Are we going to make our deadline.  Jesse is beside me thinking all about dirt bikes and how he is stuck in the basement of a hospital on a nice Saturday.  They release us for an hour lunch and during the lunch Jesse says… you want to skip the rest of the afternoon?  Um, heck yes I do!  So we stuck around for the tour of the maternity ward and then we bolted and headed home!!

Now the second half of the class was on c-sections and I don’t know how they could possibly talk about c-sections for 3 hours.

Good thing we skipped out early because Jesse was able to sand the new office wall.  I was able to go buy paint before the local hardware store closed and we got the new wall finished!  Here is a little look. 

IMG_6046 This new office is still in shambles, but we are both still able to work and get our jobs done.  Organization-Office will have to come a little later in the year. 

With the office out of the baby’s room that meant that my Mom could come paint and decorate on Monday!  I was way too excited!

Here are a few before pictures of the room.  A person could get lost in all that wood.  I can’t even believe this was once a style.IMG_6014 IMG_6013 It took lots of primer to cover up all that wood…

IMG_6017

Then there was color!!!

IMG_6019 Then there was furniture and decorations and curtains and a completed room!!!

IMG_6026

IMG_6032

We only did one wall pink the other three are the yellow. 

Storyboard The room is so cute and I love it!  Jesse keeps saying… she’s going to be a girl.  : ) 

Thank you so much Mom for coming out here to do this room!  That was very special and we both appreciate it!!

13 comments:

Connie said...

I loved every minute of it, I was doing something I love and for 3 pretty amazing people. The pictures are great and it's so stinkin' cute.

Love ya,
Mom

The Rau's said...

love the room....is this where i will rock blueberry when i come to stay overnight and get up with her?

Laura Fenske said...

Seriously! The room is amazing. It looks like one of the magazine layouts of the "ideal nursery".

Katie said...

Wow! That room out shines any of the rooms in my whole house. It looks fabulous.

jules said...

Love it!

Patti said...

Oh my gosh!! I love the room!

Steph said...

Way too cute!! Love it!!

Natalie said...

WOW it looks AMAZING! It is absolutely darling :) I love your colors and decorations and well, everything!! And those circles on the wall are exactly what I want to do in Allie's room. Are they adhesive or did you paint them on?? So now we just need more belly pictures! Seriously, it's been too long!

Lynn said...

She actually painted them - but they do make adhesive ones and I believe my cousin used them in her little girl's room and they are stinkin adorable too! Hers are pink and brown. And I want to say that Walmart sells them... but I'm not 100% positive.

Belly pictures! You aren't tired of them yet?! LOL. They are getting harder to take now that I just keep growing and growing! I keep hearing how I'm really popping out now. And Jesse's uncles had a real good time at Easter with my "beer belly... and do I need another beer..."

Bethany said...

The room looks gorgeous! So different from where it started. :)

I'm with everyone else, though, we definitely need more belly pics!

The Smiths said...

Lynn, I love the room! She is going to be the most stylish girly girl! And I'm starting to get really worried that I may never get to hold her, :( I have to get my baby fix because we are done! Maybe we can plan a road trip to see you guys sometime while she's still a little one!

Anonymous said...

Lynn that room is priceless!!! You guys did a great job!!

I too agree - more belly pictures. If you were not so darn cute we probably would not want to see them, but you are so darn cute - so bring them on.

L

Joni rae said...

Oh my gosh! The room is so cute!
~Joni