Sunday, April 05, 2009

Tinkerbell!

Elly had Tinkerbell tattoos yesterday and she wanted me to have one – so we put it on my belly!  She thought that was so fun and then wanted to put more on my belly!  I think she thought it was her new art canvas!

Elly & Blueberry copy

Since I didn’t give you Ups/Downs last time I thought I would share a few now:

Ups:

~ Baby girl is already into position – head down.  I was a little scared when the Dr. told me this, but she acted like it was a good thing and didn’t seem concerned at all.

~ I asked the Dr. if she knew how much the baby weighed… she said she could guess.  She started feeling around and said, 4 pounds!  Whoa baby!  How much will they grow in 2 months?  Hopefully it is only a pound a month or I could be the next lady that delivers a 12 pound baby!

~ For the most part I am still feeling good.  Yeah there are minor aches and pains here and there, but I know that comes with the territory.  And they put me on iron pills a few weeks ago and holy cows can I tell a difference!  I had no idea my iron was low.  I thought I just hit the 3rd trimester sleepiness.  Amazing what a little iron can do!

~ Hiccups.  I just started feeling her have the hiccups.  It is kind of funny and really cute.  You can actually see her have the hiccups – my belly will shake!

~ The crib and dresser are ordered.  I found a crib and dresser set on EBay, my new found addiction.  Except it hasn’t arrived yet and I am very anxious and ready to see what it looks like in person.  Although we don’t have a room for her yet so I guess I better get those boys motivated on that bathroom so we can get her room ready!!  (Jesse did install lights in the bathroom yesterday!  And they work!)

Downs:

~ Birthing classes.  We still haven’t signed ourselves up for birthing classes.  I don’t know why.  Lazy?  Scared?  Is it worth it?  Our Dr. actually told us to call on Friday… and I didn’t.  Shame, I know.  Jesse says, I just figured we would figure it out on our own.  My thoughts are, do I really want to know what happens?  I think I would rather just go blindly into it.

~ It’s snowing.  Okay so this has nothing to do with pregnancy – but it is snowing and I’m grossed out by it!  It would be real pretty if it was December, but it is April and we’re ready for that hot sunshine and a campfire in the backyard.

3 comments:

Bethany said...

I'm so sorry to hear that it's snowing again! We really do need to head out to a far-away, tropical destination!

Your belly looks beautiful sporting the Tinkerbell tatoo!

The Smiths said...

OMG, I can totally relate to the EBay addiction! I starting selling stuff on there and now I'm starting to spend all the money that I've made...I can't stop!!

As for the birthing classes, they are WORTH it! I would never have known how much just breathing techniques could help when you're in active labor, but it does! Plus, you want to know what your options are if things don't go exactly as planned. Trust me, it helps alot...plus it's another fun experience to have as a couple! :)

Abbie said...

well, your belly is cute, just like the rest of you.

glad to see the house is coming along... it will feel so satisfying when it is all done.

as for the birthing classes, you don't want to go blindly into it. I promise. knowing is better than not knowing... but we skipped the classes because we were moving and couldn't swing it, and instead read Dr. Sear's Birth Book cover to cover. I think it was more than adequate. It covered all the different perspectives without leaning too heavily in any one direction. Remember, even with the epidural, it's still labor and preparation is really helpful... but I know you'll do great. Looking back, the birth is really the only part of the whole thing I am excited about doing again. You're a tough cookie and will be just fine. ;)