Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Belly Status - 25 Weeks

Roughly 17 weeks until Blueberry arrives!

Here is the belly shot... I'm a little tired tonight and I think you can tell by my eyes. They look a little sleepy! It was a toss and turn and can't get comfy night last night... which is only God's way of preparing me for those nightly feedings, right!?

And just because I think it is fun to see them all lined up in a row...
Ups/Downs:
I can't decided if the following are Ups or Downs... so they are going to be Ups/Downs!
~ An inch a week. I went to the Dr. on Friday and I'm to the stage where they measure my belly now which I thought was all fun and exciting until she tells me... "we measure you now because you should be measuring as many weeks as you are pregnant." So I'm 25 weeks so I would measure 25 inches. Then she tells me "you will now grow an inch a week". I'm still in shock by this! I can't even begin to imagine what I'm going to look like at 41 inches!! So it is an UP because baby girl is growing just like she should be... and it is a DOWN because what will 41 inches look like!!

~ My placenta is in the back. I got my ultrasound results back at this last appointment and they informed me that my placenta is behind the baby instead of in the front like normal. Which is perfectly fine. Except!!! I can feel every little movement that little girl makes! And I mean every movement!! Where if my placenta was in the front a lot her movements would be cushioned and I wouldn't feel them so strongly. This is an UP because I do enjoy her wiggling because then it reassures me everything is still okay. It's a DOWN because she wiggles so much and it is so distracting for me. Today she gave me a good jab in the rib!! It sent my whole body into a convulsion! I sit on one of those big exercise balls as my desk chair and I almost fell off with her lovely right jab to the rib! I even yelled "Ouch!" As I am yelling ouch, convulsing, and trying to balance on an over sized exercise ball... my coworker calls me and he hears all of that going on! I had to explain I was not crazy... just got a wake up call from baby girl... which he laughed!!
Ups:
~ I made my very first purchase for the baby's room!! I bought the bedding so that I could get color ideas for the walls. I love it and the colors are awesome! I can't wait to get started!


~ Jesse is able to feel her wiggling. At night I'll push my belly up against him so he can feel her wiggle (just like I can) while he is trying to fall asleep and he is always amazed at how much she wiggles and how strong she is. Today he was home on his lunch and he could see my belly moving and says "You are going to be so excited to have her out of you, aren't you?"
~ Prenatal Massages! We have a really cute hair place (which I need to visit after looking at all my pictures lined up in a row - the hair needs some TLC... Tender Loving Color!) here in Stanley and they have a massage therapist that does prenatal massages. I made an appointment last Saturday and it was awesome! They have this big pillow type bed that is missing the middle... so I get to lay on my belly!! Although she told me I didn't do a very good job of filling out that middle and I was kind of sunk into far and needed to propped up with towels and blankets... but have no fear if I am growing an inch a week I'll fill her bed out in no time! ; )
~ For the most part I am still feeling great. I do feel more tired the past couple of weeks and sneak a nap in every once in awhile, and my lower back does ache more then usual... but with exercise (and massages) that ache goes away.
Downs:
~ Leg cramps!!! Oh my goodness! Now, I am use to leg cramps I got them pre-pregnancy but it wasn't every night! Far too often I am woken up in the middle of the night with leg cramps and it is getting harder and harder to reach my leg to rub out the cramp. Thankfully, the cramps aren't as bad as I am use to, but still they are annoying. I did learn today to put a bar of plain ivory soap in my bed and that will help it. (I think she said ivory... I can't remember the brand now... ugh!) I Hate (with a capital H) bananas... something with the texture and the flavor... but I bought them last week. I will only choke them down if they are pre-ripe and still kind of hard. But I was only able to eat a 1/2 one before they got too mushy. Cures for leg cramps without the word banana in it anyone?? I don't have bar soap in the house... but I'll be getting me some at the next shopping trip!
~ Blueberry has been kicked out of her room and she hasn't even gotten here yet. With all the bathroom remodeling going on we had to move our offices out of the way and the only spot left was Blueberry's room! Now Jesse doesn't want to leave - he likes the office upstairs in this room! We do have another bedroom downstairs but I just can't have a baby downstairs with me upstairs... so I told him if he got me one of those drive up bank dispenser things... where I can just stick the baby in and push a button and she goes back to her crib and when she cries I push another button and she comes back up into my room... he could have this as his office. I'm thinking she'll get her room back! ; )
There you have it... see you in another 3 weeks. I'm off to eat some ice cream and see if I have any favorites on American Idol. There are a couple of guys from Milwaukee that I'm really liking!

9 comments:

Connie said...

Blueberry is looking good. She can kick me anytime. Those leg cramps come from me, sorry

The Rau's said...

Oh, the leg cramps. I forgot about those, they made me cry. I would always get up and try to walk them out. Then my dr told me that was the worst thing I could do, so I would cry and beg Mike to rub them out.

You have got to be THEE cutest pregnant women EVAH!!!!!

Brandon said...

Great update, Lynn! Do you like smoothies at all? You could puree a banana in a smoothie, which would probably fix the texture/taste problem. Glad you two are doing well!

Jody said...

I too had had the leg cramps. They would even hurt after I got up in the morning. I didn't ever find a true cure. If you do let me know so I can plan ahead for number 2. Glad things are going well for you.

Photos by Julee said...

Lynn - you look awesome. I love the belly shots and as you know all the cramps and other stuff you go through is soooo worth it. I am excited for you and jealous your mom and dad are getting another grandchild (I only have one but she is so much fun to spoil.) Maybe I will have to borrow one of theirs from time to time. Take care. Good luck with the cramps - I wish I had some good advice, but I don't remember having any leg cramps - sorry.

Anonymous said...

Lynn you look beautiful!!! and I love the colors you picked for her room. keep the post coming...

L

Anne said...

Lynn,
Congratulations! I'm so excited for you guys! You're such a cute little prego! :)

Anne

Katie said...

Don't you worry about 41 inches. You look amazing right now and will continue to look great all the way to the end.
I love the comforter you picked out so cute and I just love those colors.

The Smiths said...

I can't believe you only have 17 weeks left...you still look so little to me!! I am jealous! And I love the colors you picked for her room - Lauren's room is painted yellow with pink and green accents...great minds think alike! :)