Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Bathroom - Phase 2

Before I get to the remodel update... I have to show off my Ebay find!! I found this entire vanity set (mirror, sink, faucet, vanity) on Ebay last night and it is brand new!!! This is my first real Ebay purchase ever!! Usually Jesse does the Ebay thing... but not last night!

Where our sink is going is a very tiny place so I had to find a small vanity... and to find one with sass and style that wasn't insanely over priced was a little hard to find. Jesse told me to look on Ebay and I found tons of vanities on there! This one was my favorite and it is some what similar to the one I saw in the store that I really liked but did not like the price tag on it, and that didn't include a mirror or faucet.

Here is what they got done yesterday. Tore the wall down, built the new wall, added the doorway wall, and built the landing (on the floor) where our tub and shower will go. We had to have this landing/platform because it is in the basement and all the plumbing is in concrete... but there is already an existing shower drain in the far left corner (the corner you can't see in the picture) so we are just going to do some plumbing work over to that drain and wa-la functional bathroom!! All the plumbing will be hidden under the platform.


It was a hard day of running the saw for little helper that he needed a nap! I guess it is much easier to sleep on the job when you are at your cousin's house!!



Oh and that is our guest, Flat Stanley, taking a nap with Josh. See Josh's little brother, Jake, has to do a school project where they have to send Flat Stanley to some one's house to visit. You have to take him around and show him the area. Jake thought it would be so cool to have Flat Stanley come to Stanley!!! : ) I'm afraid Flat hasn't seen much of Stanley yet... but he did get to help Josh build some walls and he got to use a Stanley Hammer in Stanley, WI!!

Next up... Friday they are going to put up the ceiling and put the drywall on the backsides of the walls. I believe on Saturday Jerry is coming over to run the plumbing and electrical for us. When the plumbing and electrical are done, Mike comes back to finish his platform, walls... the appliances come in... the tile guy comes... and my new fresh bathroom is done!! Whooohoo!

Then we can start on Blueberry's room!!! Oh the never ending projects that happen when you have a little one the way! : ) Oh and I have to start my garden soon too! My Mom just told me that I need to start my seeds on St. Patricks Day... but I forgot which seeds she told me start. Ah, me and my memory can get the best of me sometimes.

3 comments:

The Rau's said...

Love your vanity. I always forget about ebay. I'm hoping that Mike gets so into remodeling your bathroom that he agrees with me its a good idea to rip ours apart and start over.
Oh, Jake wants you to tell Flat goodnight for him :)

jules said...

Love the vanity and mirror. I don't think of looking on Ebay much. Lesson learned. I will from now on. Lookin good.

Katie said...

What a great ebay find. I LOVE it. So stylish and sleek. Congrats on a great find.