Friday, November 07, 2008

Our Little Blueberry!

How about just one more post about babies... okay good!!!

Jesse and I are expecting our first little one!!! : )

We went to the Dr. today and I was told I am 10 weeks 2 days along. She estimated my due date at June 3rd!! The Dr. thought she would try and find the baby's heart beat, just for fun. Well she found it!!! It didn't take much trying either! At first we could hear my heart beat and it was faint and slow and then all of sudden we hear this loud and rapid heart beat... that's our baby!! Of course my eyes filled up with tears of joy!! It just made it all real and now I really know that I really am pregnant!! Crazy!! I think it even reassured Jesse that this is for real!!

I have to go into some details just for myself so that I can look back and remember all these fun (and strange) details!! So it may be boring for you readers, so I will forgive you if you don't read them all. If you do read them... enjoy!! : )

Remember back on September 11th when I was tagged and at the end of the post I said this:
Next year I will... hmmm.... I'm not sure, but hopefully I will have the privilege of hearing little feet patter across my floors. : ) No Mom... I don't know anything! Promise! My Dad has been having a bad case of heartburn... and when he has his bad case of heartburns it usually means that someone is pregnant in the family. I got a call this week from my Mom... Lynn! Your Dad is having heartburn. Really bad! Poor guy. I am sorry this heartburn is a false alarm! : )
That heartburn was NOT a false alarm!!! Apparently I was pregnant then just didn't know it! Isn't that wild!! Seriously the heartburn doesn't lie.
A few weeks after this heartburn incident I really started to think that something was up. I felt different. I had no energy what so ever! I just moved into this house and I have no energy to finish unpacking it or starting on a new room to paint and decorate! All I wanted to do was snuggle up on the couch with a blanket and watch Rachael Ray... all day long! And I didn't feel guilty about it either!
I also wasn't sleeping threw the night! I would wake up every night to go to the bathroom. I never do that! So I cut back my water and thought I was just over drinking at night. Nope, still getting up. Odd. Very odd. I was also noticing that smells were very strong! Certain smells were just way too powerful for me... and I could have smelled them a million times before and never even thought twice about them. I decided it was time to take a pregnancy test. I went to the local grocery store... no test! The grocery store doesn't sell pregnancy tests!!? I went to our Dollar Store... no test! I went to the gas station... no test! Now I have gone to all my options and no test in site!! I could not believe it!! So I had to wait for my next trip into the city. Drove me crazy!
Thankfully I found an excuse to go into the city that weekend and I found a test at the first store I went to! When I took this test Jesse was in our kitchen trying to hang up the new light fixtures that we just bought. I told him that I was going to go see what this test had to say, he smiled and said okay. I was shaking! I was freaking out! I am not sure why... excited, nervous, scared... all rolled into one. It was positive instantly! I yelled "Oh No!" Jesse says "What?" "It is positive already and I'm suppose to wait 3 minutes before looking at it!" We giggled and said... well, we'll try the second test tomorrow morning like the package says to do. That second test said positive too!! I even took a third test a couple weeks later... just to make sure. And that said positive as well! Looks like we are for sure pregnant!
The first person to know we were expecting was my friend Laura out in Oregon. She called one night and I had known for about a week that we were pregnant and I hadn't told a soul yet!! I was trying to keep it under wraps for awhile to make sure that nothing happened. Laura and I are talking away and she asks me "No kids yet, right?" I hesitated. I was so blown away that she asked me this!! Why is she asking me this today!? Can she read minds?! I hesitated and then quickly replied "No. No. No kids!" She busted out laughing (very hard I might add) and yelling "Lynn your pregnant!!" More laughter from her and more screams!! Well, I couldn't hide it anymore. She caught me. She was pretty excited to be the first person to know and said the secret was safe! : )
I think it was about a week or two later we had our friends over for supper on a Saturday night. I opened up a brand new bottle of wine for the girls and didn't pour any for myself. They didn't understand why I wasn't having... um... not feeling like wine tonight. That worked - they didn't question me anymore. Whew! Then Jesse asked us how we wanted our steaks done. I said, well done today! Our friend, Lacy, did not like that comment. She slams her hands down on the table and yells "Someone in here is pregnant and no one is telling me!!!" I had to look her in the eyes and not smile (extremely difficult even when I am not lying) and tell her that I was not pregnant! She believed me... or at least she pretended to believe me... she never brought it up again. Whew! The night went on and it was killing me to not be able to tell them. I can't keep secrets to save my life!! So I snuck Jesse aside and begged him to let me tell them. I didn't have to do too much begging... he was all for it. So I told the girls and we giggled, screamed, cried, and hugged! All those emotions that only girls can have! Then we snuck downstairs to listen to Jesse tell the guys...
Jesse: Well guys. My wife is pregnant!
Jason: DUDE!! That is awesome!
Jerry: DUDE!!
Then the topic went onto other things that I can not discuss on this blog... I didn't expect them (the guys) to be so excited! But they were!
The next day we went to go tell our parents. Jesse's parents were pretty excited and then started arguing over whether or not we were having a boy or girl. Jesse's Mom says it is a girl and she is buying her a miniature pony. Jesse's Dad says it is a boy and he will have all the toys (meaning 4-wheelers, go-carts, snowmobiles) that he wants.
I told my Mom and Dad separately because I couldn't wait for my Dad to come home. He was out at the hunting shack and I just needed to tell my Mom! She screamed and stomped her feet and jumped up and hugged me. My Dad finally came home and I asked him how his heartburn was. He actually had heartburn that morning!! I told him it was probably because I was pregnant! He didn't believe me! I told him I was telling the truth and then the tears started to flow! He cried!! (Must be where I get my emotions from... my Dad.) He asked me how many times "are you sure?" I never expected him to react like that.
When I told my sister she instantly went into my little mother mode. She asked me a million questions and then gave me a mini lecture about telling people to early.
I think those were all the quirky details I wanted to get out... we will have ourselves a little JuneBug before we know it! And when I start to get a belly bump that actually looks like I am pregnant... I'll post those! : )

11 comments:

Laura Fenske said...

Hurrah! I'm so glad the appointment went well and that you were able to hear the heartbeat!

The Rau's said...

Yay!!! I am so excited for you Lynn & Jesse. You are going to be sooooo cute pregnant, and I bet you will let me touch your belly unlike Shannon. LOL!!!! Shannon doesn't let me touch her belly, but she lets me be in the delivery room when she has her babies....silly girl

Katie said...

congrats guys, Ben & I are really happy & excited for you.

Anonymous said...

Finally I can say congratulations..... mom told me some time ago and I was so excited for you two. Enjoy this time and take good care of yourself- get plenty of rest and eat alot of good food.

L

Natalie said...

Hooray for the baby post!!! I can't even tell you how excited Brandon and I are for you guys! :) It was the last thing I expected to hear in St. Louis but was thrilled that we were able to find out in person! I can't wait to see pictures of your growing tummy...you're gonna be so cute! I was just about to email you to find out about the dr. appt. I'm so glad you got to hear the heartbeat!!!!!!!!

akoeneman said...

Congrats! That is wonderful news! We will all be excited to hear about your progress and see pics. You will be a beautiful pregnant lady:)

Connie said...

Even on the movie "Junio" she could buy a pregnancy test at the gas station... heck she could even do the test there.

This time will go fast and we can't wait.

Love, Mom and Dad

Steph said...

Congratulations!! Jerry and I are so happy for you guys and so excited to be Uncle Jerry and Auntie Steffie!
Glad to hear that your Dr. apt. went well...I was wondering about that.
How exciting to hear your baby's heartbeat too!

Kate said...

What wonderful news! Congratulations! I'm so excited for you guys and think that you will make wonderful parents. Can't wait to see that belly bump and to hear about your pregnancy! Prayers for a healthy and happy 9 months!

arturlington said...

Apparently late on the news, but congrats from Kayli and Amanda in Wyoming! I am so excited for the two of you!!!!1!!! You all will be in our prayers

Bethany said...

Lynn!!! We are SOOO excited for you guys! I'm sorry I haven't had much baby-free time to check out all the blogs I normally read... so I'm really late on the congratulations. You are going to be a gorgeous pregnant lady and you guys will be swell parents. It will be so much fun. We'll look forward to your cute prego pics.