Sunday, January 27, 2008

Redgranite

Lately the topic on the top of our list has been... what happens after internship? There are many openings where Jesse currently is (Wis. Dept. of Corrections). The opening are scattered through out Wisconsin. This week he learned about a new opening in Redgranite, Wisconsin. We decided to take a Sunday drive and check out the area...as it could be one of his possibilities. Here are a few pictures of the area.


Welcome to Redgranite!
Population 1040!!!
When we arrived in Redgranite we were greeted by snowmobiles. Tons of snowmobile trails!! At the gas station there are 2 big trucks with 4-wheelers in the back. I looked at Jesse and said "I think we just arrived to a 'Jesse town'."


Our first stop was to check out where he would be working.
Here is a picture of the Redgranite Correctional Institution.
Why does the sun not shine over this place? All my other pictures are very sunny.
Maybe it is because I am taking it out of the back window which is tinted???


We drove around to see what kind of housing options there would be for us.
Lots of country! We loved how they don't plow the roads very well.

We found this spot for sale and drove up to look around. Behind these trees
were 2 horses and they took off running and then a dog starting barking.
We didn't stay long. No house that we could see, just land.

Turkeys.

Jesse thought this hill was unusual because you don't see
a lot of hills here.

A perfect Wisconsin day.

The local grocery store. A teeny-tiny Piggly Wiggly.

Our other options for job placements are to stay where we are (Green Bay... but live in Appleton), Chippewa Falls (where Lynn went to college), Stanley (which is real close to our family), and then this Redgranite. (There might be more positions then the ones I mentioned, but these are just the ones that Jesse has told me about.) Jesse can not apply for the positions until May (I think). We just hope that they don't fill the positions in the mean time and that we have a good chance of getting placed.

4 comments:

Katie said...

great pics Lynn. It must be nice to be able to drive around to see your options. I hate all this waiting:) I wish we could all just know right now where we were going. I liked the town though, real small but cute. You should drive back there spring time to see what it looks like w/o all the snow:)

Natalie said...

Wow that's a town the size of what I grew up in!! I can't believe how much snow is there! How far is this from Appleton? Is this the place 5 hours Northwest you had mentioned? It looks like a very cute little town :)

Lynn said...

Katie, who knew we signed up for so much waiting when we married our guys! :) I also wondered what it will look like during spring/summer.

Natalie, this town was only about 40 minutes from Appleton.

Anonymous said...

Lynn- I pray you and Jesse will be able to stay in Wisconsin. I know how much it will mean the two of you and your family (espicilly mom) I think she really enjoys having you close. You guys take care and good luck!!

Lisa (mom's friend)