Wednesday, November 01, 2017

Pumpkin Carving

It has been awhile since we carved pumpkins.  It was so much work for Jesse and I do it... but this year we grew our own pumpkins.  We had a ton!!  Plus the kids are way bigger this year.  


As soon I mentioned we were carving pumpkins Jesse brought in the power tools.





Jesse and I used power tools to carve our pumpkins.  



Melanie was making this face the entire time she scooped.  She had never carved a pumpkin before!  She didn't even know what was inside a pumpkin!  I gave the kids dry ease markers to draw out their faces before carving and Melanie thought it was just draw on your pumpkin.



I eventually sat down with Melanie to help her.  She wanted a cat.  That didn't go well.  We settled just on a pumpkin face.  


Mallory's, Melanie's and Lynn's


Jesse's and Max's


This bigger kid stage is kind of fun!!  Less mess!  No one cried!  No potty breaks!  No snack breaks!  The things we may eventual miss and long for... but it was fun this year!!  ;)

No comments: