Some day I may want to look back and remember what it looked like doing school. I took a couple snapshots a week ago.
We all sit at a table together. Which might sound all warm and fuzzy and sweet. But one of these kids (cough-Mallory-cough) likes to spread out over the whole table forgetting that the rest of us need to sit here too!! So we have moments of "who's sheet is this?" "Mallory where is your math sheet?" "Please put your done sheets into your folders!" "Do we need 16 pencils on the table right now?"
A look over Max's shoulder. Here he is working on his handwriting book.
A look over Melanie's shoulder. She keeps asking for homework and I haven't been good about it... but this week I happened to print off a bunch of sheets to see if she could do it. I need to give the girl more credit!! She did everything with a breeze! And wanted more! My only child right now who asks for more work! This was actually her first day of "real" work. She was beaming! She showed everyone who came over her folder of work!
(See Mallory's homework creeping over Melanie's homework.)
A look over Mallory's shoulder. At third grade it seems as if I don't teach her much. She is very independent! I type up a daily assignment sheet and she just works her way down the sheet. She even is amazing at teaching herself new things! As a third grader she gets to do cursive. She can never wait for me to help/show her so she just teaches herself! And she is pretty darn good it and I think it might be a pretty good quality to have. Don't get crazy though - we go over everything she does, correct it, and then do certain subjects together.
This is a look over my shoulder. At this point in the day it was Max's turn to be with me. Now again this is not all sunshine and roses either!! There are moments and days where this is super hard! Three kids. Three kids in very different learning ranges. Three kids trying to talk to me at once.
But the days that go so well, where you see the light bulb click, when you see the progress... that's the magic!!! That is what pushes me to keep going and fighting the chaos!
Big girl school was exhausting for this one!! She takes her quiet time/nap in my bed and I have a rule that you don't get to sleep past 4pm. So I woke her and I could tell she just wasn't ready to wake up yet, so I carried her out to the couch and was cooking supper and trying to talk to her and next thing I know she fell back asleep. She still had marker on her face from the morning of school work!!
No comments:
Post a Comment