This past week was our first day of school. Our 4th year homeschooling!!
Up first in front of my camera for first day pictures was Miss Melanie Mae!!
Melanie is only 3 but she has great interest in having her own work too. I had super great intentions of doing some cute stuff with her. I pinned a calendar to the wall and well it is still stuck on August 27th and tomorrow is September 5th. However, I spent a day making busy bags with a girlfriend this summer and those have proven to be a life saver! She loves exploring those bags each day.
Entering 3rd Grade is Mallory Rae!!!
Mallory was super excited to get back into school. She is super super super excited to learn cursive handwriting this year! She has been wanting to learn how to type so I set her up with a typing program also. Mallory is asking for a real guitar for Christmas... she has an interest in music and plays the chimes in choir. She told me if she is going to be a singer she needs to learn how to play guitar.
Entering 1st Grade is Maxwell David
Maxwell was pretty excited for school to start too. He did so great that first day too! He remembered how to read! He is spelling words like a champ!! Math comes naturally to him. He is excited this year to dive into some 1-minute math!!
This year I am saying NO more! We stretched ourselves too thin last year. I have this bad case of everything sounds so amazing and fun and my kids NEED to be in THAT!! When it comes time to get in the car and actually travel to these events it is a nightmare. It involves yelling and panic and stress and running late. So... this year I am saying NO!!
I am having to remind myself I am a HOMEschooler! I need to be HOME more! I can't be gone every single day of the week, and we were last year. We ate so much in the car traveling from A to B to C back to A. I don't want that this year. I want a little more relaxed and a lot more HOME!!
No comments:
Post a Comment