Tuesday, January 03, 2017

One Little Word - 2017

This is my second year of picking a word to focus my year on.  Last year my word was contentment.  It really worked for me.  I prayed all year to be content in being a homeschool family.  It wasn’t until August of this year that I truly became content in it.  However I still ended the year fully content with it! 

This year my word came to me immediately.  Joy.

Now that I am content in this homeschool lifestyle.  I need to have joy while doing it.  I don’t want to do the motions and check off the boxes and get the books done.  I want to have fun while we do it.

I have stepped out of my comfort zone and started co-leading our co-op and teaching drama!  Drama!  Um.  Not me.  I don’t lead.  I don’t do drama.  But I am loving it!!  I get so dang proud of these kids when they do it and do it so well!! 

I am also volunteering again in Awana.  Except I have to come home happy.  So many times last year I went and came home a bear.  I am trading my kids in for other peoples’ kids!  Then I have to drive an hour home with my ramped up kids because they just had so much fun and they need to tell me every single detail about their night.  This isn’t fun!  I am exhausted!  I went to school to be a paralegal not a teacher!  Why can’t I be the mom who gets a few hours to herself on a Wednesday night?  It is the not the option for my life and I accept it now.  Now I need to have joy!

I am still in charge of our church’s nursery.  I have tried a handful of times to get out of this position.  My main excuses were I don’t have time for this and I live too far away.  God won’t let me go of this one either.  Every time some thing came I grumped and complained and want to throw in the towel.  This year… I need joy while I do this.  Joy!

Joy!

My one little word for 2017!

How about more blogging too?  Gah.  How I love looking back and reading all Mally & Max’s goofy stories.  Melanie has soooo many silly stories and I will never remember them unless I start journaling again!  Not to mention all the crazy Mally & Max get into too!! 

No comments: