Since Jesse had worked all weekend he took Monday off. I suggested that the kids hurry up and do school and then we go watch a movie. We haven't all been to a theater since the year of Frozen... I think. Its been a long time is what I am getting at.
Now, I have 3 kids. I know the drill. Take them to the bathroom right before you walk in. We do. Jesse gets us a big bag of popcorn, nachos & 2 sodas. We snuggle into our reclining seats! Reclining seats!!! It was the best!!
During the movie I reached over to grab my soda and tossed the bag of popcorn right onto the floor. It emptied the bag right out!! Big pile of popcorn on the floor! Then Melanie had to go to the bathroom. Then Melanie was asking for popcorn and I had to tell her that I spilled it. So she started eating popcorn off the floor. Then she had to go to the bathroom again! Finally it was over!! A 2 hour movie! A 2 hour kids movie! Whew! But it was a fun little change of pace for all of us and the kids thought it was fun!! We went to see Sing.
Then today I had planned to go to the library and introduce Melanie to Story Hour. We have gone to a million story hours, but never for Melanie. This was the first one where she got to participate!! Well it was a snow storm. But I thought, I am a Wisconsinite I can do this! So out we went!
Oh my goodness!! The cutest!! She sat on her little carpet square and listened to the story and played the games, did the craft, ate the snacks!! Ahh! She did amazing! She didn't cling to me at all!! Typically she doesn't do anything without me right by her side.
When we left I may have been stuck in my parking spot. There was so much snow! I just kept doing the forward... backward... forward... backward thing. I had a crowd of people watching me as I was inside laughing! It was not a dangerous moment, so it was super funny to me.
Long story short. We made it home. Safely. In one piece.
The highlight of the library is getting to come home and look at all the books we brought home while I make lunch. They looked so cute sitting here I had to grab a picture!!
No Mallory does not need to wear glasses. She was just doing it for fun! Isn't she so super cute though?!! Melanie never keeps socks on her feet. Just yesterday she was wearing her flip flops still. Maxwell is trying to teach me all about Star Wars. I am so lost!! I know nothing about this world!!


No comments:
Post a Comment