Sunday, October 12, 2014

Spaghetti City

Sometimes summer days are too long.  The kids have no idea what to do with themselves.  They start following me around and telling me they don’t know what to do.  They haven’t discovered the words “I am bored.” 

One day I decided we were going outside and we were going to make a city on the drive way.  Max has all these trucks, cars, farm stuff.  I was very much pregnant the first time we did this and very much lazy.  So I sat in the middle of the driveway with all the city supplies… sidewalk chalk, cars, trucks, tractors, etc.  And I was the store and the kids had to “buy” each item they needed for the city.  Turned out that “game” was a huge hit the rest of the summer.

Our driveway constantly looked like this.

IMG_8711

Their favorite part was when there was puddles!  Real lakes!  Sometimes they would have me draw alligators coming out of the “lakes”. 

They ended up getting smart towards the end and using two pieces of chalk to make the roads. 

IMG_8714

Even smarter… drawing their “houses” under the camper so the rain would quit washing them away.

IMG_8715IMG_8716

Melanie.  She sleeps while cities are being made. 

IMG_8717

Their houses and their cars under the camper safe from the next rainstorm. 

IMG_8718

Once everything is built they drive their bikes on it.

IMG_8719

No comments: