During one of the first few weeks of school I gave the kids a challenge. We went on a nature walk around the block looking for nature items that could be used to make a person.
When we do these nature walks – there is no rushing. I make myself promise not to say “Come on kids. Keep walking.” I can’t say it! I let them walk really slow and stop and look at everything they see. Requires extra coffee on my part and tons of patience!
The next day they dumped out their treasures and explored them a bit.
Then started making a person out it.
Melanie sat in her chair watching us. She is super easy during school most days. She is either napping or she just hangs out and watches.
Here is Max’s person.
Mallory made a face.
Mallory takes her time when working on projects and Max rushes and does it as fast as he can. When he is done he typically runs over to Melanie and gives her a shake in her chair and harasses her until she has had enough and she starts swinging her arms and yelling back at him.
Then he snuck upstairs and brought down the fixing for s’mores.
I challeneged Mallory to make a whole person with a body.
The kids ate their raw s’more snack and I talked to Melanie.
She smiles with her nose and I love it!
No comments:
Post a Comment