Thursday, August 21, 2014

Summer Hay Ride

Hay rides are usually sometimes special you do in the fall.  But if you are a Frey – you do them in the summer too!  Mostly because Grandpa Dave is super proud of his tractor and any reason to drive (and lets be honest, show-off) his tractor is a good reason.

20140720_134142 (2)

I did not realize how huge that bow was on Melanie’s head until now.

This next picture is proof for myself that I was protecting Melanie from the sun!  I continued to watch her face turn more red as the day/night went on.  I couldn’t figure it out until I got home and was getting her ready for bed.  Then it all clicked.  I sunburned her!!!

20140720_134549 (2)

It wasn’t even a very sunny day.  It was warm.  Just one of those days where it felt like the sun was behind the clouds more.  The burn never bothered her.  I felt horrible though.  I went and bought her a bonnet (from my local Amish) and it stays in her diaper bag now.  I learned!!

20140720_134602 (2)

Mallory and Kelly.  They needed me to tie straw around their wrists for straw bracelets while they went on the ride.  Then they had to give me one.

20140720_134946 (2)

Proud Grandpa Dave on his precious tractor. 

20140720_135013 (2)

He took us for a great big ride around the Frey property and proceeded to tell us stories like we were on some sort of Frey tour.  He could charge for these tours!  He even packs a cooler for you!

No comments: