Sunday, February 16, 2014

Gender Reveal Party

We decided to find out the gender of our baby.  But we thought it would be fun this time to include the whole family.  We found a lady to make us cake pops.

At our ultra sound we asked the tech to write it down and seal it in an envelope for us.  She agreed.  She was good.  She didn’t give anything away.  She left to print us off some pictures and came back with the secret envelope!

IMG_20140211_121809 (2)

Jesse immediately (that afternoon) took the envelope to the cake lady.  That way there was no temptation for me to peek.

Today we got everyone together, ate lunch and then it was time to see what this baby was.  First we took a survey of what everyone thought…

IMG_7681

There were a lot of boy votes.  Jesse, Max and Myself being three of them.  Mallory’s vote was for a girl.

IMG_7686

Everyone carefully grabbed their cake pop.  We were so afraid of someone cheating or breaking one open before it was time.  Then someone said go (I have no idea who) and we all took a bite.  If the center cake was blue it was a boy – pink it was a girl.

My sister-in-law, Steph, was directly across from me so I was watching her while I take my bite thinking I’ll see her’s.  But I couldn’t.  I feel like I heard someone say “It’s a girl” before I looked at mine.  Then looked at mine and saw PINK!  I was so shocked.  I would of swore and bet money that we were having a boy!  So I know I have a horrible reaction (in the pictures – my face!) but it is true!  No editing here!  : )  I was seriously in shock! 

0P5A1705-40

Mallory is pretty excited for a baby sister!  Maxwell never ate his until all the commotion was done. 

0P5A1713-48

It is taking some time to adjust our thoughts to a baby girl – but we can’t wait!! 

photo (2)

1 comment: