The morning came! She was so excited. Hopped right out of bed when her alarm went off. She couldn’t wait. I was nervous. Very nervous. Didn’t even bother with makeup because I knew it was going to be cried off.
Jesse was able to take her to school with us. Which was so great… for me! : ) I needed my rock!
We get to school and we walk her to her classroom and there are kids and parents (what feels like) everywhere. We find where her backpack goes and hang her stuff up and her teacher says we can take her into the classroom and show her the toys and get her comfortable. We take her in and she goes to the block table and I give her a big hug and kiss and tell her I’ll be back when she is done. She says, Okay. I walk away in tears. Head down trying to get out of that classroom. Tears falling.
As I am trying to sneak out of that classroom without everyone seeing me crying. Her teacher spots me and slips me a package of M&Ms (her magic medicine) and tells me whenever I am sad today to eat them.
There were a few moments throughout the day when I would tear up when I looked at the schedule to see what she was doing at that time. When it was time to go and get her I was so excited! I couldn’t wait! I get her and the first thing she tells me is how she didn’t get to eat her cookies in her lunch and if she can eat them in the truck. : ) And to this day the first thing she always tells me is about her lunch. I pack her lunch too – so I know about her lunch already, but I try to be good about packing special items for her. I guess I’m doing a good job at it because it is the first thing she tells me about.
Max was pretty excited to have a day with just me. He is a totally different boy when it is just him and I. He is loving his special time with me.
I made this for her school folder. I put together folders for every year of school and want to take pictures of her for the cover… and this is her pre-school cover.
Inside the folder go special items/memorabilia from the school year. This will prevent me from keeping everything. : )
No comments:
Post a Comment