Sunday, February 03, 2013

Bubbles… Frozen Style

The kids got early Valentines presents the other weekend from Auntie Steffie.  In them were bubbles.  Well they had to carry their bubbles home, in their hands.  Then when we got home they thought it was bubble bath and wanted to take a bath.  They left them in the bathroom – to which I scooped them up and hid them because I could just envision bubbles all over the basement. 

Fast forward a few days and they found the bubbles!!!  We had all the kids here that day (our nanny’s kids and our sales guy’s kids) and they were playing hide ‘n seek and found the bubbles AND found hidden birthday presents for the kids!!!  Ahhh!!!  I came in from work and they had bubbles and Mallory was requesting us to play with la-la-loopsy!!  NO!!  Apparently no place is off limits when it comes to hide ‘n seek.  You would think they would be afraid to crawl underneath the basement steps in the dark… nope!  They take one of Max’s toy motorcycles that the headlights turn on (for 3 seconds) when you push a button.

Mallory has been bugging to go blow bubbles now that she knows it is not bubble bath.  Well I decided that since Jesse would be home from work early (he gets done an hour earlier on Fridays) and I thought it might be “warmer” by then we could blow bubbles. 

I was hoping it wasn’t going to be too warm because I wanted to blow them and watch them freeze!

Jesse came home and it was 3 below zero out and we bundled up and headed out to try it.

IMG_4511

Don’t be fooled by the advertising on these bubbles.  “NO SPILL”  Oh I laugh!  I laugh real hard!  Jesse broke Max’s – spilled.  Then I open Mallory’s and spilled it all over the bathroom floor.  Then it made a huge mess… outside. 

Mallory was having trouble getting it to work – so Jesse tried it out.

IMG_4514

She got it!!

IMG_4520

Blowing bubbles!

IMG_4521

Meanwhile Jesse decided to build up Frosty again.  He had melted and fell over.

IMG_4522

And then send him flying!

IMG_4523

Daddy is the coolest in Maxwell eyes… after hanging out with us girls all day long!

IMG_4524

Max requested to do it again!  Boys!

IMG_4525

She is still blowing bubbles.

IMG_4530

And then…

IMG_4532

we totally destroyed frosty.  Oh the man/boy noises that were made!

IMG_4533

Bubbles are just so fascinating to little kids.  They can’t get enough of them.

IMG_4537

I’d like to point out that Jesse is wearing THREE jackets!  Cold!  Cold!  Cold!

IMG_4542

Did the bubbles freeze?  Well not at first.  But the longer we were out there we started noticing them freezing and popping differently.  So then we tried catching one.  And Jesse caught a frozen one!!

IMG_4556

Showing Mallory.

IMG_4557

One last picture before I declared I was now frozen and needed to go in.  I was wearing very thin fingerless gloves so I could run the camera.  Not smart!

IMG_4558

No comments: