Mallory is getting to the age where she understands birthdays and parties and presents. We had to have a countdown to her birthday on the fridge and put a sticker on each day. I was getting tired of her asking me… is it my birthday today?
Her birthday snuck up on me and I now learned that her birthday is in the thick of graduation & graduation parties… so trying to find a cake lady (or man) is next to impossible at the last minute. I was given one quote (everyone else just told me no) and it was $59!! Um… I can figure out how to bake a cake! So I did! From 100% scratch! No boxes!
Blowing her candles!
Yay!! Got them all!
Maxwell eating cake with Grandma Mary! He ate a lot of cake!
The girls eating cake!
Mally and her Daddy!
After cake was present time! She is on her way to being a one girl band! She received all kinds of music instruments!
She asked for a microphone and guitar for her birthday. Grandma Mary & Grandpa Dave got her a professional microphone and speaker!
Auntie Steph got her this tiny little bracelet with her name on it! CUTE!
What is it?!
Got her guitar!
Jesse and I got her a karaoke machine and she received sing along CDs and the latest Lady Antebellum CD. I download the Lady A Album from Amazon when they had a killer deal (A Quarter for the whole album!) and I love this album so I play it all the time… and I do mean all the time! We listen to it in the house – I was able to download it to my phone so we play it in the truck when we are driving. Mallory was even getting to the point where she would request me to play them… she would say “Momma do you have your phone? Can you play Lady Antebellum?” So my sister was looking for ideas for her and I told her I got her this karaoke machine and that I don’t know how to get this digital album to a CD so if she wanted to get her the CD. She did. And the girls wanted to sing it right away.
Little did I know that Mallory knew the words to EVERY. SINGLE. SONG! She sang that entire CD and she didn’t take a break, she didn’t stop! She stood right here and sang and danced and performed for all of us!
Ellyn sang along too to the songs that she knew.
We attempted to put in the sing along songs because we were going on round three of the CD and we needed to switch it up and it only lasted a moment and they were putting Lady A back in.
Grandma Mary, Grandpa Dave & Maxwell enjoying the concert! They were so proud and very impressed by her talent. : ) As any grandparent would be!
We did catch her on video and this was the only one that turned out where you can see her… however… Ellyn is crying in it. : ) Sorry Elly (and Shannon)!
Here is our Mallory Rae singing along to Lady A! Enjoy!
The next day she went over to the neighbors and had to bring them back to her house so she could sing for them. That time she played her guitar and sang… now she needs a mic stand for Christmas. ; ) She is usually a very shy girl – but bring out some music and mic/guitar and she forgets anyone is watching her.
1 comment:
I watched the whole video! Mally is so rad and your kid just cracks me up. Looks like she had a very fun birthday.
Oh and you did an awesome job on the cake! Well done with the whole baking thing:)
Post a Comment