Monday, June 18, 2012

In Honor of Ellyn

My niece, Ellyn turned 9 years old this year!  9!  We all remember the day she was born, and I can’t believe that 9 years have gone by.  The older she gets the tougher it is for me to figure out what to get her for gifts.  And right now I think her love language is quality time… so I made her this coupon:

Ellyn Coupon

She was so excited when she opened it and her first question was “when?”  : )  And it just so happened that it was the Friday before Mally’s birthday party.  Which worked out perfectly in the long run – my sister took Max to spend the night at her house, while I kept Ellyn here with us.  Then on Saturday (party day) the girls could play while I cooked and got every thing ready.

Applebees is Ellyn’s favorite restaurant.  So we are driving to the restaurant and I ask her what she likes to eat at Applebees.  Her response… corn dogs!  WHAT?!  You eat a corn dog!? 

IMG_2594

Mallory got to tag along on our Ellyn night.  She also requested a corn dog.

IMG_2595

Mallory felt so little again with Ellyn around.  Mallory loves Ellyn – so this was really fun for her that Ellyn got to ride in our truck with us and go to all these places.

After dinner it was time for the movies!  We took the girls to Madagascar 3 in 3D.  None of us had ever seen a 3D movie before and this was Mallory’s first time in a movie theater.

IMG_2597

Ellyn got to pick whatever snacks she wanted.  She wanted chocolate.  : )  And Mally wanted popcorn, of course. 

Mally had to trade in her sunglasses (which were actually my sunglasses from when I was in high school!  Why do I still have my sunglasses from high school?) for a pair of 3D glasses.  Good thing she likes to wear glasses!  : )  She kept them on the whole time!  The only trouble she had was keeping her seat from folding in on her.  She had to sit on the edge of her chair like this threw the whole movie.  She didn’t mind though – she was way into the movie.

IMG_2598

This was my first 3D movie too and it was so awesome!  I kept flinching because it felt like things were coming right at us.  It was so wild!  At some points even Mally would put her hands up over her face and giggle and say “too close too close too close”.  I feel bad that this was Mally’s first movie experience because now when we take to a regular movie – she will for sure be asking where her glasses are.  : )

We got home late and put the girls to bed.  And I’m thinking… ah… I’m going to sleep in tomorrow!  Max is at Shannon’s!  This is so awesome!  I was giddy!  I even told the girls if they woke up before us to just go out to the living room and read books for a while. 

Hahahahahahaha…. NO!  At 7 Mally and Ellyn are standing in the living room.  Mally is crying.  Ellyn is trying to hold her.  Apparently Mally thought I was in the shower downstairs and she couldn’t get to me because the gate was closed, Ellyn heard her crying (before I did) and came to see what was going on and was trying to comfort her. 

THEN!  I get a text from my sister that Max slept all night long and didn’t wake up until 8:30!!  And here I was (a little) worried that Max was going to be a little trouble for her because he has been sick and he doesn’t sleep well when he is sick.  Now I know that I just need to send him to Auntie Shannon’s house when he is sick because he likes it there.  : ) 

No comments: