Monday, May 23, 2011

Maxwell ~ One Month

IMG_2192-1

Maxwell has reached his one month mark already, and I am afraid he has been given the nick name Mad Max.

Max’s One Month Stats:

* At his one week check up he was not at his birth weight, so I had to bring him back a week later.  By then he had gained a pound in a week and was well past his birth weight.  I don’t know how much he weighs at the moment but he is filling out quite nicely.  : ) 

IMG_2205-21

* He loves to sleep… during the day.  : )  Not so much at night.  He seems to wake up every two to three hours during the night and by the 4am mark – he won’t go back to sleep in his bed.  He wiggles and fusses.  Now that Jesse has gone back to work as well (he gets up at 4) I have the entire bed to myself so I pull Max in bed with me in hopes that I can get a few more minutes of sleep.  Believe me it is minutes because he is wiggling and fussing every few minutes.  I’m learning (and getting use to) functioning on only a few hours of sleep.

* When Max is awake – he is usually crying or scream crying.  It seems to be very rare moments when he is awake content.  Mallory even says “Maxwell stop crying.” when he is crying.  He has perfected crying as soon as food hits the table and I’m about to eat.

IMG_2211-27

* He is a snuggler.  He likes to be held or even better yet wrapped up in the moby wrap. 

* He likes to be talked to.  If you catch him before he reaches the scream crying – you can usually just start talking to him and he calms down.

IMG_2250-59

* He would love to nurse all day long every day.  I’m a scheduler nurser and he wants to be an on demand nurser.  We are both learning to bend our ways.  : )  However it is usually me who loses.

IMG_2265-68

All the pictures were taken by Hemmer~Ich Photography when Max was only a week old.

I had to look back at Mallory’s One Month stats… http://jlfrey.blogspot.com/2009/07/one-month.html

No comments: