I was feeling antsy today and needed to get out. I texted my sister to see if Mallory and I could come visit. Of course she said yes. I ask Mally if she wants to go to Auntie Shannon’s house and play with Ellyn and Garrett... no joke – she starts squealing and jumping up and down in the chair that we are sitting in.
We get to Shannon’s house and she says… want to go McDonalds. What? Really? McDonalds? She looks at me like I’m from another planet. Yes Lynn, McDonalds. Sure, I guess. I don’t go there unless I’m forced. I’m not a fan of fast food – I’ll eat it, but its not my favorite and its not a place I’ll pick to eat. Off we go to McDonalds. Mallory hasn’t experienced McDonalds yet.
We pick a table in the playland and I go to fill up our cups with soda while Shannon organizes the kids. I come back and her & Elly are on one side of the booth Garrett is on the other side and Mally is at the end in a high chair. I climb into the booth next to Garrett. Shannon was trying to feed Mallory a french fry and she doesn’t want anything to do with it. I break up a chicken nugget for her and she is making this horrible face and wants nothing to do it and is pushing it away. I swing my arms back to take bite of my sandwich and WACK! I tip over my full glass of soda! I haven’t even taken a drink! It’s full! It is now spilling all over Garrett and I. I’m in shock because it is so cold and all I can do is make big eyes at Shannon! Shannon is laughing her butt off! Garrett is starting to cry because it is COLD all over his legs. The soda spilled over ALL of our napkins and the napkins are on the other side of McDonalds. Shannon grabs Garrett from the booth because he is crying and wet. I’m soaked and have nothing to wipe myself or the mess up with. A lady just walked in with her son and gave me their napkins. While I’m cleaning up Mallory has caught hold of entire box of chicken nuggets and is starting to throw them on the floor!
Shannon brings me more napkins – giggling the entire time because she is not the one walking around looking like she just peed her pants in McDonalds!
I’m cleaning and cleaning and cleaning. Ellyn says to me “Tia, at the end of the day they clean this place.” Hahahaha! I think she just wanted me to sit down and eat. Then I head under the table to clean up the soda under the table and a guy (from our church nonetheless) says, “Man I don’t think this place has been this clean before.” Then he turns on the fan and says, “We gotta dry up all this soda.” : )
For the rest of the day I walked around looking like I peed my pants and and my left flip-flop was stuck to my foot.
Oh and you want to know what Mallory at McDonalds? The pickles I picked off my burger. My first bite of the sandwich was all pickle. Gag! Pickles are made to be eaten separately not on a sandwich! She spots my pickles and starts saying “pa. pa. pa.” and pointing. I didn’t think she would like them because they were covered in ketchup. She ate it right up and asked for more “pa. pa. pa.” That was all she ate. Three little ketchup covered pickles. Yum!
Then Elly took her in the playland and our first trip to McDonalds was complete. Whew. I think we are good for another 12 months!
3 comments:
How horrible! We don't like McDonalds either and Ella's only eaten there once in her life... she wouldn't even eat the pickles!
That used to be our Friday night treat for you kids and then we got smart and thought it wasn't so much a treat anymore but "yuck". Elly's comment had me totally teared up from laughing, she is one funny girl.
Too funny! At least she has good taste! I can't stand that icky food.
Post a Comment