*I love my husband to pieces – please remember that when reading this post. There are just moments where I get the giggles and I think another Jesse-ism. Plus someday our children will go… Mom can you tell me a story about Daddy – and I can just send them here. : )
There are many many many Jesse-isms but I’m just going to give you two tonight.
#1 – While we were landscaping the yard earlier this summer we were hauling dirt and rocks in the bed of our truck. After the project was complete Jesse wanted to give the truck a good bath. He backed the truck out into the field to sweep out all the yuck that was in the bed. All the yuck then got stuck between the tailgate and the bed of the truck… so he decided he was going to remove the tailgate. I came outside the neighbor was here helping him and when the neighbor sees me he instantly says “I didn’t do it!” Hmm… what happened? They were having problems getting the tailgate off and got the rubber mallet out to hit it. They forgot we have tailgate assist… which helps weak mommy’s like me get the tailgate up and down when loading strollers. : ) Anyway, the tailgate assist was preventing them for getting it off… and while Jesse was hitting it with the rubber mallet – he hit the tail light and broke it! Ouch! Did I mention we probably only had the truck for month. It’s not new, but new to us.
#2 – Back in the very beginning of the summer when it was only upper 70s and low 80s – we were using our little AC unit that is in a horrible spot mounted in the front of the house. They even taped off the inside around the unit with cameo duck tape! We realized that it wasn’t leaking water like it should be. We then realized that the water was running down the inside of our walls. Jesse thinks… why don’t I just drill a hole here in the back that sticks out from the house and then the water can run out. However… the AC unit is still running while he is drilling his hole and all of a sudden we hear a horrible crunching sound followed by a few curse words and water starts running out. The neighbor was outside (the same one as in Jesse-ism #1) and he yells, “Uh-Oh what did you do Jess?” He had broken the fan blades because the drill bit went up too far and got the blades. Now our AC unit is done.
Fast forward to this week. It is HOT. I swear our heat index is in the 100s. Still no AC. Mallory is really fussy with this heat and is refusing to go to bed at nights. Jesse decided to take a look at the AC unit and see how bad it was broken. 3 of the 6 fan blades were broken. Lets gorilla glue them back together! That stuff is suppose to be awesome! I agree and get very giddy because this heat is making for a fussy Lynn as well. Tuesday night he is glueing and glueing and glueing. It has to cure for 24 hours. We follow the rules! Well until about 3pm when our house really starts to heat up – we decided lets turn this bad boy on and see how awesome this gorilla glue is. 15 minutes in we hear that all too familiar horrible crunching sound. Gorilla glue = not so awesome. One of the fan blades blew off.
Now we have finally decided enough is enough – lets just order a fan blade and be done with it. Jesse hops online looking for the best deal. He finds one and gets it ordered – however after he checks out he notices that it now shows 2 fan blades are being shipped and it is being sent economy service (2-11 days) when he actually selected express and paid for express. We may see that fan blade by the time we have to turn the furnace on. : )
To stay cool at night – we go to the neighbor’s house (who has AC) and drink rootbeer floats. We go to the pool. I take Mally for car rides with the AC on - to which she yells (pretty much at the top of her lungs) BU-BYE! BU-BYE! waving her arms for 15 minutes into the drive. She loved the cool car ride.
Like I said these are just a few of Jesse-isms. He could tell you so many more from when he was kid driving tractor on the farm. From when he was a teenager helping his dad with his construction business. I always joke that someday we are going to be blessed with a little Jesse that will have the same Jesse-isms. Heck we may have a little Mallory with Jesse-isms… she seems to already be taking on Jesse’s personality.
2 comments:
I always knew Jesse needed to use his brain to support his family and not his mechanical abilities.... :) Love you Jesse, we couldn't have picked a better man for our daughter, I can just hear his laugh when he tells these stories.... gotta love it.
I want more! The thing about Jesse is anyone who knows him can also tell their own personal Jesse-ism, the guy is one of a kind and he keeps me laughing:)
Post a Comment