Mallory loves her cows. She calls them caws (with a long ‘a’ sound). I’m not sure where she picked up her Brooklyn accent, but she sounds like she is from the East Coast when she says car and cows.
Mallory what does a cow says… Mmmmm
Do you see the ponytail I got? : ) Do you also notice how her little baby rolls are melting away? She is looking more and more like a toddler these days.
Oh and acting like one too. We are starting to have melt downs. She even got her first timeout yesterday! She kept playing in the garbage while I was cooking supper and I told her no so many times by face was about to turn blue. I slapped her little hand. I moved her into the living room with her toys. I asked her to find things from her kitchen. I tried everything. She would come back to the garbage and yells “Mom! Momma!” with this little shit-eaten grin (that she totally gets from her daddy) and puts her hand in the garbage can and messes with the lid. I finally thought, okay maybe it is time to introduce a naught-spot. I searched the living room and well – I don’t have a good spot (without distractions) so I just plopped her in front of the couch and told her she was naughty and she had to sit here. She started crying. I’m not sure if she knew what I was talking about, but I finally got the point across to her that she was naughty. Of course she didn’t stay there for longer then 3 seconds and comes crawling into the kitchen a sobbing crying mess and clinging to my legs. I kept putting her back in her naughty spot to which it made her an even bigger crying sobbing mess. I felt like Super Nanny! : ) However, she didn’t go back to the garbage can. After it was all over, she hugged me and I made her say sorry. LOL. Okay, she can’t say sorry yet, but she put her head on my shoulder and snuggled for 1.2 seconds… and in Mallory World that is a big snuggle.
Mommy = 1 | Mallory = 0
: )
2 comments:
That is too cute! But, now comes the hard stuff of disciplining. It is not fun, but if you stick with it, it's so worth it. And you have to get a little time-out stool...that helps so much!!
I like how you keep score! I saw a time-out monster at a children's store one time. It's like a little monster pillow/mat that they are supposed to sit on during time-outs. There is a girl monster and a boy monster. It's pretty cute...I may need to get one for Bella in the near future!
Post a Comment