Friday, June 18, 2010

Swimming Backwards

IMG_8767We are finally getting our hot weather back.  This means that Mallory and I can go back outside.

I had her help me weed the garden.  Since we have raised beds she can stand next to them – which she loves!  When I pull her away to go she throws her little fit.

However, you must keep a close eye on her because she likes to eat the dirt.  I caught her with a HUGE clump of dirt in her mouth.  We are talking like the size of a grape… not nothing little.  I removed the clump, but she still had a mouth full of gritty dirty dirt. 

Then she likes to pick the plants instead of the weeds.  She tortured a pea plant.  Tried to eat a potato plant leave.  If she would only eat the lunch I provide her then she wouldn’t have to resort to eating my plants and dirt.  : )

IMG_8775

Yesterday I took her baby tub outside, filled it with water and toys and let her go to town.  I thought she would be a little more into it then she was.

IMG_8777

 

IMG_8782 Until she discovered my lens cap on the ground and went crawling for it.

IMG_8784 She even tried to put it back on while I am trying to take pictures of her.

IMG_8788 IMG_8789The last month or so I went back to Auto on my camera.  I don’t know why… I think I was just lazy and didn’t want to think about all the steps in manual mode.  But during this outing I went back to manual mode.  I need to stay here because the colors are so much brighter when in manual vs. auto… at least I think so.

IMG_8790 

IMG_8791 My crawler took off! 

IMG_8793 IMG_8794

IMG_8795 

IMG_8798 

Just in case you were thinking… Aw Mally’s swimsuit is so cute.  Um, it might be even more cute if her Mommy didn’t put it on backwards!!!

IMG_8802 I didn’t notice it was backwards until we were almost done outside and she got away from me and I looked at her and thought… why does this show so much of your diaper?  That looks really stupid and not appropriate for babies.  Then I look to see if I have it on right, nope!  It is backwards!

5 comments:

Katie said...

Laughing uncontrollably right now at that last picture. I was thinking how cute her swim suit is but that it looked a little funny at the bottom, now I know why! Hahahahaaaa oh Mallory you don't like thongs....they're not very comfortable:)
Lynn!!!! LOVE your hair, the bangs were an excellent idea. I'm serious they look soooooo stinkin good!

Tabby said...

You are too funny with the swimming suit! I have the same suit for Bella, and as I was looking at the pictures I thought that Mally's is a little different in front though because Bella's has ruffles....I just thought it was a different style but same pattern! funny :)

arturlington said...

I love the pic! I can't believe how fast she must be! The swimsuit backwards pic might be a good blackmail item when she wants to take the car!

The Smiths said...

I can always count on your blog to give me a good laugh!! :) Love the pictures...and I love your bangs, by the way - very cute!

Brandon said...

I was afraid you bought a baby-thong swimsuit!