The other day, as usual, I’m doing 15-million things at one time. I’m at work instant messaging with a co-worker, typing an email to my graphics guy, Mallory’s sitting on my lap reaching for all the paper on my desk. I’m fighting with her to keep the paper away. Mallory finally leans forward to get the paper in her mouth and *BAM!* takes a bite! I pull the paper away yet again and notice the huge piece missing. Start to giggle and look at Mallory, who I can see just swallowed. Paper gone.
I finish chatting with my coworker and finish up my email and then start to think about that paper chunk Mallory ate. I decide to look in her mouth. I lay her down in my lap – which she just picks her head up anyway because she doesn’t want to lay down. I’m trying to pry her mouth open and I can see the paper in there stuck to her tongue! I do eventually win the battle and get the paper out!
But then there are moments where she patiently waits for Mommy to get done with work. And it is so sweet and makes me want to stop working right then and there and snuggle her. But I can’t because I have to work from 10am to 5pm.
And this folks is why I am DONE with this!! Starting February 1st I am going down to 10 hours a week!! I don’t even have words to describe how excited I am! My goal is to work during nap times and to only work 2 hours a day!
If I had to keep working like this I think my husband would send me to the nut house. I’m about to explode and as a matter of fact – I exploded last night while he was at the gym and I was home to feed a hungry baby and listen to Maggie pace around the house. So I put Maggie outside, who instantly starts barking at everything she sees. I pretend like I don’t hear her and feed Mallory. 15 minutes later she is still barking and my boiling point is rising rapidly. I open the front door and yell (um, pretty much at the top of my lungs) MAGGIE!!!!! SHUT!!!! UP!!!! Little did I know that people were walking by (because it was dark out) with their little dog and that is what was setting Maggie over the edge. Maggie comes to the front door and I tell her “Get in the house you are driving me insane!” So not only does my poor husband have to deal with a crazy woman, but the ENTIRE neighborhood now thinks that a crazy woman lives in that blue house and be careful when you walk by because she could pop her head out the front door and yell at any random moment! I’m not a yeller! I promise! Growing up I had a younger sister and much younger brother and they use to drive me crazy and I would ‘yell’ at them and turn around and burst into giggles. There is just too much stress going on these days and it is time eliminate the stress for 2010… starting off by cutting back some work hours! : )
Ahhh… 10 more full work days left and life will be wonderful again!! 10 more days… 10 more days… I can do any thing for 10 more days… right?! : ) I already have plans for my first week ‘off’ – I am NOT setting the alarm! I’m sleeping until my baby wakes me up! I can’t wait! I might even take a nap that week! *grin!*
8 comments:
You're right you can do this for 10 more days and then you and Mallory will be the one's walking down the street when another crazy lady yells at her dog. I think you many have got your no yelling from me and then when it's time to blow everyone better watch out.... it won't be pretty.
Hang in there sweetie we are all here for you!
Love, Mom
Yay for you Lynn!! I think it's great that you can cut back on hours and focus on Mally. I hope you have lots of fun with her and enjoy every minute.
Good for you!! I hope you take a nap the 1st day :)
Heck yes you can do this for 10 more days! You can do anything Lynn and these last days will fly by and be nothing in no time....no matter how much you have to yell:) By the way imagining you yelling was really hilarious in my head:)
I'm so proud of you for making this decision and 2010 is shaping up to be great already...congrats dear friend!!!!!
Congrats on setting healthy boundaries for you- and your family! I guess that is what over worked life these days does to us! Nice modeling for everyone to! I think I might approach my boss.....
I'm so happy you will get to do that, Lynn! How exciting!!!
Yeah for you and me!!
Fabulous! I hope you really enjoy your first few days of sleeping in and napping. I also hope the stress in your household goes down tenfold!
Post a Comment