Wednesday, June 17, 2009

One Week Down

I always heard that the first week will be our toughest.  Learning the ins and outs of a new little baby.  I think our first week went very well – better then I had expected. 

There was only one night where she woke up every 2 hours and by 4am I rolled over to Jesse and said, I can’t even open my eyes!!  I fed her and passed her off to Jesse to burp and get back to sleep.  The rest of the nights she wakes up about 2am and then again at 5am. IMG_3463_edited-1

Mallory had her Well Baby Check Up yesterday.  She is back up to her birth weight of 8 pounds and is in the 50th percentile.

While we were at Mallory’s appointment they sent me to Urgent Care because I have this rash that appeared on my belly and right side.  It itches like crazy and looks horrible.  So I asked Mally’s Dr. about it and she said… you have shingles!  She sent me to Urgent Care to have another Dr. confirm it and then I could get medicine for it.  The Urgent Care Dr. said, yes you have shingles!  And it is contagious!  I could give it to Mally… but she would get it in the form of chicken pox!  And anyone else who hasn’t had the chicken pox… could get them from me!!

After the appointment I had to call my sister and tell her… if the kids wake up with polka-dots it is from me and they have the chicken pox!  And she had to tell her daycare!  What a mess!!

IMG_6180

5 comments:

Laura Fenske said...

Oh Lynn! I'm so sorry about the shingles! What a bonus on top of recovering for delievery! How long until you don't have to worry about being contagious?

Mally is so sweet, I wish I could give her a cuddle.

Katie said...

Ugg Lynn I'm so sorry that you got that. Let's hope for a quick recovery.

I can't tell who Mally looks like, can you help me out? :)

Deb said...

Joni had chicken pox when she was 3 weeks old and came thru it fine. She didn't have many spots though and when she got into kindergarten, she got them again. Good luck!

arturlington said...

Lynn,

Sorry to hear about your illness. The good news is that if the baby gets it now you don't have to worry too much about scratching. Not like older kids! Kayli was exposed when she was three weeks old but never got it! You three continue to be in our prayers. Thanks for the beautiful pics!!!
Blessings-Amanda

Abbie said...

wow, shingles. talk about insult to injury. get better soon... I hope it isn't long lasting.
and mallory is GORGEOUS. what a sweet girl... I wish I was there to kiss those sweet cheeks. I loved the first weeks with Cora... such a precious time getting to know each other. enjoy it...