She’s Here!!! She’s really here!!!
Our little Mallory Rae decided to finally come meet us Sunday morning, June 7th @ 8:52 am.
I’ll give you a quick labor story…
A proud Daddy and his baby just minutes after she is born.
Saturday night about 6:30 I started noticing some contractions that I could actually time.
Family of two became family of three!!
We got to the hospital about 9:30. I asked (and received) my epidural about 1am. This is the best thing in the entire world!!
Before the epidural I was tired and just not myself. The epidural kicked in and I was wide awake and chatty! But they told me to sleep because the hard part was coming up. I slept maybe 20 minutes! My blood pressure thing kept going off and it was kind of broken so an alarm would go off. The nurse kept coming in and checking on all my machines and she would tell me… you just had a very strong 2 minute contraction! Your contractions are just like they say they are in the text books! And I don’t feel a thing!!! Heaven!!
Mallory got her middle name from her Auntie Shannon Rae.
About 6:30am they come in and tell me that I am ready to go. My midwife leaves the room to go find her nurse and I look at Jesse and I start crying! This is the part I am afraid of!! I told him we needed to pray. So we prayed and I put myself back together.
The midwife comes back and she sits on a little stool next to me and we start chatting. She tells me what I am going to do. The nurse comes in and is super energetic and starts saying “we’re going to have a baby!!”
All four of us start chatting and giggling. We talked about everything under the sun in between pushing. It was so helpful for me! I loved every minute of it! The 3 of them are drinking coffee and just relaxed and being so positive and encouraging to me!
Jesse totally surprised me. He was way into this delivery then I had expected! It was so fun to hear him get all excited during his counting and it just made me work all the harder! 2 hours later she is here!!
Born @ 8:52 am on Sunday, June 7th. She weighed in at a shocking 8 pounds!! She is 21 inches long. (I totally called a long baby before she was born. I kept telling Jesse they tell me her head is down so low but I am still getting kicked in the ribs!)
I’ll update later with more pictures… right now I think I have a hungry baby!!
13 comments:
Oh Lynn!!!!!! She is more beautiful than I could ever have imagined. Her toes, her little lips and nose. She's perfect. God is so good. I hope you are doing well and that she is nice and fed now:) Thanks for the update friend you and Jesse are in mine and Ben's thoughts constantly!
Congratulations! Did you have her in Eau Claire? She is super cute and I love her name!
Congratulations Lynn and Jesse! Lynn- you did it!!! ;) She is so precious. It's great to hear that everything went so well...I was curious to hear your labor story. Enjoy your 6 weeks off with Mallory!! I can't wait to meet her at church some day.
-Tabby
She is so darn cute, I miss her already. The picture of daddy with his little girl is precious. I love those big rockers in the hospital I look so little in there. ;)
She is perfect
Love, Mom
Congratulations Lynn & Jesse! We are so excited for you guys and thankful that Mallory arrived happy and healthy. Enjoy this new adventure...you will be incredible parents! lots of love - koenemans
Love, love, LOVE the pictures :) I am so proud of you! You and Jesse are gonna be wonderful parents. I've been thinking about you like a million times a day!!!!! I hope you've been able to get some sleep :) Okay my thoughts are random because when I think of you with your baby I get so giddy. I love you and can't wait for the day when I get to meet Mallory.
Congradulations!!!! She is just perfect. Enjoy this special time with her. Each day will bring new amasements, and challenges but at the end of each day it is all worth it!!
L
What a beautiful baby girl! Glad to hear that you and baby are doing well! Sleep when the baby sleeps. That’s the best advise I got when Zayden was born.
Yeah! I love the story and the pictures. She is so wonderful and you did a wonderful job bringing her into this world-and I know you will continue to do so!
Deb
Congrats! You three are in our prayers! I am so happy for your new family!!!
I'll join the ranks in wishing you a huge congrats on beautiful Mallory! It was great to get a sense of how your labor went, you are amazing! I love that you said you enjoyed the pushing part, I don't think I've ever heard anyone say that before. Enjoy her, she's just so lovely!
What a gorgeous girl! And I LOVE her name. I've been a slacker on the blog checking lately, but I'd heard through the grapevine that she was born... We are so happy and excited for your little family! I hope you're getting enough rest and enjoying every moment with your beautiful baby. Peace and joy to you.
Lynn, she is beautiful! See, the labor wasn't as scary as you thought it would be! We are so happy for you guys and can't wait to watch her grow through pictures since we can't be there to hold her!! If you have any breastfeeding questions, send them my way...I nursed both of mine for 1 year (but not without some struggles)! It is worth it and so good for them!!! :)
Post a Comment