Our Thanksgiving this year was very low key. We spent the morning and afternoon with my family and then went to Jesse's parents for the big feast!
While we were at my parents house my sister was there with her kids. I had to make a dessert to take to the Freys so I thought it would be real fun to have Elly help me! I was making a pumpkin pudding with ginger snap cookies layered between the pudding. An easy take on pumpkin pie... I don't bake so this was the perfect route for me.
I sent Elly up to the bedroom where all my stuff was because I forgot the gingersnap cookies. Here is how the conversation went while we yelled back and forth to each other...
Elly: I can't see the cookies Tia!
Me: Look harder. They are in my blue bag along the wall.
Elly: I still can't see them Tia!
Shannon (Elly's Mom): She doesn't know how to look. She just stands in the room and spins in circles until you come show her where it is.
Me: Elly do you see my suitcase?
Elly: Yes.
Me: Now look for my blue bag and look inside for a box of cookies.
I now realize I forgot my serving bowl up there too and it is heavy and glass and I don't think I trust Elly with it. So I'm running upstairs to get it and to show her where those cookies are hiding. As I get half way up the stairs Elly is coming down and she has the box of cookies open and is eating the cookies!!!
Me: **giggling** Elly you can't eat the cookies!! We need to put them in the dessert we are going to make.
Elly: But I like them!
Me: Okay, you can eat that one but we need to save the rest.
I dump all the cookies on the counter and tell her she can eat the broken ones. They are gone in seconds. We mix up the pumpkin pudding and now she wants to eat my pudding. Doesn't your Mother feed you??! I get her a spoon so she can scoop a little out and eat some. Well she doesn't want that little spoon she wants the big spatula. I finally convince her to use the little spoon and she is satisfied... for a little while.
When it came time for all of us to go our separate ways she was not so happy that I wasn't going to the same place she was. She wanted my pumpkin pudding!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I can't stop laughing! That girl cracks me up. I've got nothing but appreciation for her though, a dessert girl after my own heart.
Oh I just love stories about Elly! She is so cute :) What fun!!
It's just me again...I forgot to say how much I love the new look on the blog. Once again your header is awesome!! I need you to makeover my blog for me :)
Post a Comment