Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Oh Christmas Tree!

Here is our Christmas tree this year. It looks a little naked to me. We don't have a lot of decorations - but have no fear I will be hitting up the after Christmas sales to stock up for next year. We also don't have a tree topper but if we did I don't think I could use it because I love the fuzzy natural top we have this year. We didn't go with the traditional tree we went with this one with very long needles and I love it! I don't think I can go back to the poky short needle tree anymore. Plus this guy doesn't shed!! Whoohoo!


I only have 4 more days left of work!! Count them 4 days!! Then I am done! Well, for the rest of the year that is! Oh man! I'm like a kid in a candy store! I am so excited to have the long break and not go back until January 5th!!! I haven't had a break like this (to do what I want, when I want) since middle school I swear. I have always worked on my school Christmas breaks, so this year I'm celebrating baby!! I have goals and a plan for my time off like... go shopping! Paint my living room! Refinish a dresser & makeup center that I got from a garage sale this summer! Finish unpacking and organizing our spare rooms! Clean out the baby's room so we can start on that! And if there is time left... paint our bedroom! Now that I write this all down that is a big list. Hopefully I'll be able achieve it and not be disappointed.


I think I have officially lost my mind. Let me explain. Back on Thanksgiving we saw Jesse's cousin, Dayna. Dayna has a black lab German Shepard mix dog that she is looking for a home for. I don't think the dog is a year old yet, but fully grown. Dayna is looking for a home for this dog, Maggy is her name, because they just don't have the room for her to run around and they don't have yard either. So, Jesse hears "black lab German Shepard mix" and he can't resist! He has been bugging me and asking me to get a dog since we got our house. Jesse sits in this chair and says "Don't you think we need a dog laying beside me and my chair?"

German Shepard is Jesse's brand! I'm not a fan - not so cute and they are cop dogs so they seem mean to me. I would rather have a lab or golden retriever... but honestly I don't even like animals so no dog would be great for me!!

Dayna tells us that we can try the dog out for a week with the option of return. : ) And it just so happens that she is leaving for Mexico (her boyfriend's brother is adopting a baby from Mexico and the whole family is going down to pick up the baby! Too cute!!) on Saturday and Jesse and I will be dog sitting for a week!!! So Friday night we have to go pick up Maggy and bring her back to our place for the week. She tells us that Maggy is completely potty trained and is over the chew stage.

I'm nervous and scared all rolled into one. I am so not an animal person - I'm worse with cats! I tried every excuse as to why we can't have a dog. #1: I will not and I mean will not be cleaning up poop!! I just can't do it! I will throw up and I'm not lying! Jesse says... You won't have to. He will teach the dog to go in the field behind our house. Some of you are wondering how I will be changing diapers... um... I still don't know!! I hear it is different when it is your old child, lets hope they are right. #2: I get up too much in the middle night I don't want to freak the dog out. Jesse says... you act like this dog is going to attack you. They know, smell, and see you and know that it is you. #3: Where is this thing going to sleep? Jesse says... where ever it wants. Um, really?!? I'm not so sure about this one. #4: We have this dog over Christmas - we will be gone most of the day on Wednesday & Thursday. Just what are we going to do with Maggy? Jesse says... We'll probably have to take her to my parents house and have her stay there during the day.

He has shot down all my excuses... and now we have a dog coming to stay at our house for a week. I'm sure I'll keep you updated on how it is going. Wish me luck! ; )

1 comment:

The Rau's said...

Love your tree....ummm we haven't even gotten ours yet. I told Mike he has to bring one home tomorrow, the boys are starting to worry.
Good luck with Maggy! (Reno was black lab/german shepard)