Yesterday afternoon Jesse and I went over to his cousins house, Jason & Danielle. I was sitting in their living room and I'm feeling a very weird sensation in my belly. It doesn't feel like gas... and I'm wondering if I just felt blueberry move!! A friend told me that it sort of feels like you have a gold fish swimming around... and that is kind of what it felt like. Little flutters. It only lasted for a moment and then it was gone and I never felt it again.
Today in church I had that same feeling again!! I'm thinking blueberry is on the move and I'm finally feeling it! My midwife told me I probably wouldn't feel any movement until 20 weeks, and I am only at 17. We'll see if this keeps happening! Its kind of fun!
Today was decision day on little Maggy. And.... um.... we are keeping her! I know! A little shocking! She has made great progress the last few days and has really proven herself to me. ; ) She is no longer sleeping in her kennel at night and she just lays (on a blanket) on the floor by Jesse's side of bed and stays there all night. We have given her freedom the last two nights and she hasn't broken it!
We also took her out to the hunting shack last night for the yearly bonfire. I was a little nervous bringing her because there were going to be lots of new people and lots of kids. She did amazing! She only barked at people once, and that just had to be my parents. Sheesh, she isn't going to win them over with her hyperness and barking! ; ) She was also good with the kids! I really was interested to see how she would be and she was so good. The little boys would run out into the woods with their flash lights and Maggy would just follow them around. Then the boys would hide and call for Maggy to come find them. Maggy would go running into the woods (and being a black dog during the night in the woods... she can be hard to spot) to find the kids and when she would come up on them they would scream and Maggy would come flying out of the woods. They did this over and over with her. Then my little cousin, Jett who is 3, would be outside with Maggy and he would call for her. Maggy would come over and knock Jett down and lick him and Jett would giggle like crazy and then get up and say "That's naughty Maggy." Then run away and call for her again until Maggy came and knocked him down. Jett just loved it!
Plus we got so many compliments on Maggy from all the people that were at the woods. "She is such a good dog." "She is so mellow for only 8 months old." Kind of helped make our decision into keeping her. We called her previous owners this morning and told them we would keep her.
I'm hoping she keeps up the good work! Although I was on the phone earlier today and she decided that was prime time to get up on the couch and lay her head down on the pillow! I think she knows I'm on the phone and I can't yell. But she doesn't know that I can snap my finger and point still! I'm feeling like I have good discipline style... I get off the phone and I go over to her and she instantly knows she did something bad. She lays down and won't look at me. I learned this next line from my parents "Look at me when I am talking to you." I tried it on Maggy today! She eventually looked up at me and I told her she was naughty! LOL. Then I started laughing. Oh such good practice for when little blueberry comes!! Except I have to learn to stay serious and not giggle.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
yay maggy!!!
josh just asked me a little bit ago if you were going to keep maggy. he said he loves her and if you don't want her we do (we don't really)
jett was so funny with her last night. and she really was good with the kids.
oh and how exciting that you feel blueberry moving around. i loved that feeling. june cannot come fast enough for me, i'm so excited to meet your little one.
Post a Comment