I just realized I haven't showed you any pictures of our move or even of our house! Sheesh, what am I thinking! So here it goes... enjoy!
SOLD!!
Yes, the big orange trailer was packed to the max with our stuff. We had way more trailer space with this move because we didn't have to haul the Jeep on it... where did all the extra stuff come from? I have no idea!! I think it was Jesse though. ; )

Our living room upstairs. Don't you love all those windows! I sure do! That was the first thing the neighbors noticed when we moved... I see you opened the curtains and opened the windows! Yup, she never opened her curtains or opened the windows. If she was hot she would just run the AC even if it was cooler outside.

This is standing in the living room looking into our dining room. You can't see the dining room? Oh... let me point out that black & white table... that is the dining room... under all those boxes and couch cushions! There... now can you see it?! Do you see the orange floor! Ah, I knew you could see the orange floor... how could you miss it! That is the dining room folks!!

I knew you wanted a closer look at that orange floor!! Here you go! It seriously looks and feels like brand new! I'm sure it was very stylish back in the day!

Unloading...

more unloading...
Do you see those big pine trees in the background. I really like these trees. And I do believe they are on our side!! You can't really see it in this picture but they look more blue then green. So pretty! Don't you think they would be so pretty with some white Christmas lights?? Um, Jesse get your extension ladder ready I have a project for you!!
still unloading...
I'm so excited that this unloading is going extremely fast that I bring my boxes in upside down! Look closely... that box is upside down! I hope nothing breakable is in that one!
More couch cushions. I am not sure where they all came from... didn't realize we had so many! This is sort of looking from the dining room into our living towards the front entrance. LOL. Did you follow all that. This whole corner of the house is very dark wood paneling type stuff. It has gotta go... and soon!! I do like that retro-round light hanging over our entrance, don't you?

This is my favorite... except that wood in the peak. Paint covers it... or so I'm hoping. My question is this: I want to paint the walls a natural warm yummy brown from that painting and then what do I do with that wood peak & beam? Do I paint it the same color as the walls? Do I paint it a lighter color of the brown I go with? Do I dare leave it?

Garage! Jesse is building himself a work bench! Such a handy guy he is!

I bought him this nice organizer for his new garage. Good thing I did because it came in real handy when he needed to cut wood!! They should sell these things as: Garage Organizers or can be used as a saw horse!

Oh and a blog is not complete until you see Ms. Elly!! She is sitting on my Dad's lap down in our basement!

Trailer is unpacked!! Yes!!!
I already started a mini makeover on our kitchen! It is taking a lot of time, patience, and work. Yesterday it took Jesse half the day to a hang a new light fixture! I love it!
Friday Jesse spent the entire day (I would say almost 9 hours) pressure washing and farnishing/sealing our deck. Um... it rained that night and washed off all the farnish/sealing!!! We were so disappointed and mad and washed away about $100 worth of farnish! Grrrr! Home ownership lesson #1 learned!! Farnish deck in the summer not in the fall, I guess! It was such a beautiful day that we thought it was a perfect day to do it... oh well. I will say that it will look fantastic once it actually gets done... we really liked it before it rained! Now it just looks like... what toddler farnished your deck?! Seriously... it looks bad!!
Oh and yesterday Jesse's Dad brought over a huge load of dirt for me to plant my garden next year! I can't wait! We picked out the perfect spot for it... but it was a little tricky getting a truck and trailer back to it for Dave to dump the load of dirt. So, he um... drove over a few bushes!! I was in the house making a mean pot of chili and Jesse came in and said... we only lost one bush! I secretly hoped it wasn't the rose bush! Nope it wasn't!! Whew! It was a bush I had no idea what it was... although my Mom probably did and it probably was something amazing. I'll never know now. I guess we had to sacrifice it for a garden! : ) I am also told this dirt should grow me a mean garden. It is buffalo, horse and cow manure!! Yummy, eh!? I can't wait to get started on it! Except I know nothing about growing a garden. When do I plant? What can be planted next to each other? Do I have to start some plants inside? Hmm... guess I better get to a book store and start learning.
Hope you all had a fantastic weekend!!
4 comments:
Hooray for pictures!!!! I can't wait to see the house after you do everything you want to do to it! Your living room already looks great! I think a warm brown color will look awesome. For now, I would leave the peak and the beam alone. Once you get the wall painted it might look just fine. If you still don't like it, I would probably go with a slightly lighter shade of brown than the walls are. Now I want to see pictures of your kitchen!!
Sorry all the hard work on your deck was washed away. That's a bummer. It's so awesome that Jesse's dad can just bring you dirt. We need quite a bit of dirt for our yard but it's gonna have to wait until the spring!
I'm soooo glad you guys have your very own place!!!!
you guys are sooo cute. I loved looking at all the pics. I LOVE your kitchen table, your mom did good! I kinda like the peak myself but again its a picture and so i can't get a real good impression of it but if you don't like it paint it the same color as the walls so it blends right in. I don't know Lynn where's your mom?!?!?! This is her area:)
I cringed when I read the part about your deck, i am so sorry. That is so frustrating.....grrrrr.
I agree with Nat, as soon as that kitchen is done and the knobs are on I want pictures!!!!
Yeah for a new house! I'm glad you guys are getting settled. And, I'm impressed that you actually got some moving pics uploaded. :) I certainly haven't had time yet. :)
The house has so much potential, I'm looking forward to seeing your makeovers. Much peace to you as you paint, etc. I'll be thinking of you as I wallow in my own paint fumes and decorating messes.
I want to see the kitchen makeover!! Oh, I love redoing stuff when I move into a new house...I'm sure you are having so much fun!
As for the wood peak on the wall...if you want to diminish it, paint it the same color that you paint the walls. If you paint it a lighter color or leave it dark, your eye will be drawn to it when you look at that wall. (a little interior design trick I learned from the pros!) Can't wait to see the finished result!
Post a Comment