Yup, you read it right. The lady rejected our offer of her paying closing costs. Both realtors where not impressed that she did this. Especially because we were bending over backwards for her. Giving ourselves 2 days to move in before Jesse started working.
What now?
Um, we are digging in our heels and moving on. Even though it is really hard for us not to just cave in and say fine. We want her to sit on it for awhile longer... and... um... play her game back. : ) She may think we are just some punk kids who really want her house and will do anything for it.... wrong-o! Okay, we might be... but first lets see what else is out there. Plus, we need time to really think/pray about it. Our realtor is setting up more houses for us to look at this weekend. Who knows maybe something better will come along...
I will confess that I did have great plans for that kitchen!! My Mom called last night and said she was headed to a garage sale for furniture and did I trust her... heck yes I trust her! Go find some deals! Then to find out this morning... rejected! Good news is... her steal of a deal on furniture finds will go in any house, right!!?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I've been checking your blog all last night and this morning to see if there was any news. I'm sorry you didn't get the house, that lady seems really difficult and stuborn and I'm glad you guys stuck to your guns. Like you said you never know she might come back and accept...once she takes that stick out of her butt...:) sorry that probably wasn't necessary:)
I'm also really glad to know you'll be looking at more houses this weekend because you very well might find another great house and I'll be praying for that and for God to show you his will and to give you peace throughout this whole process.
YOU BETCHA that furniture will go into any new house you get and you'll still get that dream kitchen of yours no matter what house you buy!
Here's my latest favorite verse
1 Thes. 5:16-18 Be joyful always, pray continually and give thanks in all circumstances for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.
Katie you crack me up! That comment was necessary!! Who knows we may take the stick out of our butts and just give her want she wants... but we will put up a fight first, Frey style. Not sure what Frey style is... but we'll do it! : )
Your new favorite verse is so perfect right now!! That is being put into the memory bank along with the patience song.
I agree with you guys. I think I would have wanted to do the same thing (not give in). She's being unreasonable, and maybe this way she'll realize it.
OR, you could just accept her offer, but write into the contract that while she lives there rent free you guys are allowed to live there too. Then make her life a living hell. Play loud music, switch her medications with laxative, and shave her cats (I assume she's an old cat lady).
Personally, I like option two :)
well...being on the selling end of things (very recently) I think she's crazy! This is such a tough market to sell in and when an offer comes in you take it! Remember that things really are in your favor right now. There are a ton of homes on the market that are desperate to sell. You'll find something you like just as much and will probably get a better deal. So sorry this one didn't work out...that is frustrating!
I'm so sorry Lynn (and Jesse of course). To think this house was yours and then to find out that this woman is being so stubborn has to be heart-breaking. However, as everyone else has said, the market is totally in your favor right now, she may still come around, you just might find a house you like even better and yes that furniture will look great anywhere!!! We'll continue to pray for you guys and can't wait to see God's will revealed for you.
Post a Comment