Sunday, June 01, 2008

Hello June!!!

Ah! We are finally getting into the summer months! I had a friend ask me yesterday if it was starting to get warm by us? This is what I told her "Friend! I finally took the flannel sheets off... TODAY!!" So yes it is starting to get warm over here in the 'frozen tundra'. I have been walking around with the burnt raccoon face look all last week... and I did it again today. Don't you know that is the new summer look?! Put a pair of your favorite sunglasses on and bake in the sunshine. LOL.

Not a whole lot has happened since my last post. I had a successful trip back to Oregon and hired a great secretary! So far she is everything I could have asked for and more!!

Being the person in charge of the interview - is so stressful! I love that my boss lets me do this, but man do I stress myself out. I feel like this time around I did a far better job of getting a feel for the person during the interview. Even though I am sure everyone is on their best behavior for interviews. I definitely have the odd interviewers. I had one gal practically beg me to hire her. She wouldn't leave! It was very awkward. I had 4 gals not even show up! Last time I only had one person not show up... but 4 this time! WOW! I have the nervous laughter interviewers. Those are extremely funny. I almost have a hard time not laughing with them. Why do they have to nervous laugh so loudly?!

Jesse is starting to apply for his post-doc. He has put in 2 applications... one within the prison system and one with a VA hospital. Now that Jesse has put a few applications out there we are both getting extremely excited to see where we will be going next. We have done this waiting process many times before so I should be good with it... but I am not. I just want to know already. : ) Time will tell.

I think that is everything for now. Sorry this one is short and no pictures.
Hope you all are enjoying your summer!!!

2 comments:

Katie said...

Yeah for a new post:)
The only thing I can think of that might be better than a raccoon face is flip flop tan lines!!!! I must say though that I am sporting a raccoon face, my nose and forehead are much tanner than the rest of the face:) hahahahaaaa

Natalie said...

You JUST took off your flannel sheets?!?!? Wow, welcome to summer :) I don't have the raccoon look yet, but I do have the flip flop tan lines! I'm sooo glad to hear you like the girl you hired. That is excellent!!! And hooray for 2 applications done. Can't wait to find out where you go next!