Monday, March 31, 2008

The Pencil Test

Have you ever heard of this test before? You take a sharped pencil, stick a needle in the eraser and thread it with thread. You dangle the pencil (by the thread) over the inside of your wrist... and it will tell you how many children you will have and what their gender will be!! Pretty fun, eh?!!


If the pencil swings back & forth (wrist to elbow) it will be a girl. Swinging side to side means a boy.

So, you hold the pencil (by the thread) with a steady hand over your wrist. The pencil will start to circle and then it will give you a child... it will do this until you have all your children and then it will stop. It will also circle in between child.

We were at a friends house last night and they did this little test on both Jesse and I. I went first and I was told I was going to have 1 girl and 1 boy!!! Jesse did it... 1 girl and 1 boy!!! I was a little nervous that we wouldn't match... but we did!


So our future holds... A little Lynn and a little Jesse!


PS... no there are not little ones in our very near future! Just a little trick for you all to try out the next time you get bored. : )

5 comments:

Connie said...

Did you go to Tabby's house b/c Uncle Roger always did that test on us. I just can't remember if it worked for me or not. Now here's another pencil test for you and Jesse.... both of you take a pencil, tie a string to it, grab a piece of paper, hold the pencil in your left hand, stand back to back, on one foot, giggle loudly, and write down a number for how long the future for children will be. :)

Lynn said...

Yes, I was at Tabby's house!!

Oh my gosh you are too funny! We barely got Jesse to take this test...not sure he could do your pencil test! : )

Laura Fenske said...

I'm glad you and Jesse matched. Someone would have some explaining to do otherwise. :)

Deb said...

You must have been over to see Tabby and Andy! We had quite a time on Easter doing that same thing. Check it out on my blog.
Deb P

Brandon said...

Surely there is a test for how long till you have kids, too?