Lots of farms on our drive and I thought it looked really neat with the clouds. These pictures are out the window doing about 65mph... pretty good, huh?! We also seen "Oreo cows" The head and butt were black and the middle was white. I couldn't get a picture fast enough... I'll try next time.




The below pictures are of a cornfield that separate my parents from their neighbors. The house in the last picture is of the neighbors... I was at their place when I took the pictures. They were having a NASCAR party. They deep fried a turkey! Yum! They also deep fried Twinkies! Those were so good! Kind of tasted like an elephant ear from the fair! They rolled the Twinkies in a batter (similar to a pancake mix) fried them, then sprinkled them with powdered sugar.



9 comments:
haha...deep fried twinkies are the greatest. It seems to go hand in hand with any NASCAR party.
Love your pictures Lynn! The sky looks awesome :) Glad you had a good time at home!
I second that Natalie...Lynn, you are a really good photographer. I'm always impressed when I see your photos. After reading your post I'm suddenly very hungry.
Thanks Natalie and Laura... I am slowly learning about this photography stuff. My Mom is way into it and she showed me a few tricks in the cornfield. :)
Deep fried twinkies at a NASCAR party was actually very scary. The guy doing the deep fry was feeling really good (if you catch me), bare foot, with his oil at 500 degrees!! He dropped a few twinkies in and they came out black!! Oh and it is about 10:30 at night! So, he cooled his oil down and did it again. The second batch was much better. :) Of course not many people were NOT feeling good so no one saw this as a danger except my Mom and I. She held the flashlight for him so he could see the temperature of his oil. It is so funny now looking back and knowing everyone is safe!
Don't eat feed corn!!
Good job on the pictures of the corn field and the clouds. That's pretty awesome to get the sharp focus going 65!
Your right it is pretty funny looking back at the late night deep frying, it still cracks me up that Paul wanted to start up the fryer again to get the oil from 500 degrees to the desired 350... Hummm lets think about this, light the fryer to cool the oil... makes sense at 10:30 after a few cocktails.
It sounds like Brandon may have had a bad encounter with feed corn?
I actually like field corn....
Hi Lynn and Jesse!
Great pictures, you've always been great at capturing a great shot. You're pics make me miss the country:) Enjoy it for me would ya:)
Post a Comment