Monday, November 06, 2006

Earthquake

Last night around 9:30 there was an earthquake somewhere in Portland. I think they said it was a 2.7. We didn't feel anything. Jesse was real disappointed - he wants to feel an earthquake before we leave. I don't!! I told him we don't even know what to do when there is an earthquake!! Jesse tells me I just wait it out. Wrong person to tell to wait it out!! But, we never felt anything and there wasn't an aftershock, at least not yet. Then they have the nerve to tell me that we have 3 active fault lines in the Portland area. How many more months do we have left out here?!?

3 more applications went out this past week. Whoohooo!! 5 down!! These applications are so stressful! But, I can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel!

I hope you guys have a great week!! We'll keep in touch!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shame on Jesse. Earthquakes are no fun.Take it from me who is from Calif. they aren't any fun at all and Lynn you don't just sit it out you get under any free doorway and stay put.
And yes Portland is supposed to have this major earthquake but who knows when its supposed to happen it could happen in a 100 yrs:)

Brandon and Natalie Robbins said...

Tell Jesse that a bad earthquake means the apartment may collapse on the computer and lose his internship applications. he will stop taunting earthquakes when he realizes that. -b-

Anonymous said...

Well sheesh. You have to feel an earthquake while you're out here. If you want I'll come and shake you really hard. That may be similar. Earthquakes are fun. It's like a foot massage while you're walking :)